The Best and Easiest Air Fryer Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

If you haven’t heard by now, air fryers are an increasingly popular kitchen gadget. Air fryers work by circulating super-hot air, which quickly and evenly reaches all the surfaces of the food. In other words, it gives food that crispy-fried texture and golden-brown color without having to actually deep-fry anything. After hearing all the craze from my friends and internet foodies, I was persuaded to buy my own air fryer when I found one for only $35 at Target. Best. Decision. Ever.

You can make practically anything that you would fry in an air fryer. It’s great at heating frozen foods, but it’s also fantastic for from-scratch foods, like chicken wings, potato chips, donuts, and extra-crisp cookies! As a recent member of the exclusive air fryer club, I thought it best to share some of my favorites, and some recipes that I am dying to try.

Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks

These are great for using stray string cheese in your refrigerator, or as an appetizer for a crowd. They are never greasy and always satisfying when you have a cheese craze.

Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, you can totally bake cookies in the air fryer. In fact, it’s perfect for making just a couple for yourself late at night, or for you and a friend.

Air Fryer Salmon

I actually just made this the other night and it was delicious! So easy, so quick and I felt like a health and wellness superstar when I paired it with the baked broccoli I made.

Air Fryer Apple Chips

With the beginning of fall upon us, I have been dying to try these! To make these crunchy apple chips, all you need are apples, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Surely a healthy snack that won’t break the bank.

Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets

Honestly, a game changer. Microwave nuggets are a thing of the past. My roommate and I have been obsessed with the Perdue Chicken Plus dino nuggets, which actually have directions for the air fryer on the bag. I must admit, I am guilty of eating these for breakfast before running to class.

Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries

These are way crispier (and faster) than oven-baked sweet potato fries. Season as you wish and dunk in your favorite sauce.

Air Fryer Pickles

My boyfriend and I made these on a whim when we were desperately searching for a midnight snack in my barren refrigerator. We didn’t have breadcrumbs, so we used crushed potato chips instead which I would highly recommend.

Air Fryer Avocado Fries

The California girl in me is dying to use my ripe avocados for this recipe as I type. Crispy and crunchy without any oil at all—it’s kitchen wizardry!

Air Fryer Parmesan “Fried” Tortellini

As the proud owner of six bags of assorted tortellini in my refrigerator at all times, this is a recipe that is calling my name. This is the Italian snack of my, and your, dreams.

There is nothing I love more than finding an easy recipe that I can make all the time. My air fryer has revolutionized this love affair for me. If you are like myself and questioned whether to get an air fryer, you will not regret it. So head over to Target, or Amazon or wherever you want, and purchase an air fryer right now. And for those of you who own one already, I hope some of these recipes will put your most beloved kitchen appliance to good use!

Sarah Duarte

Notre Dame '22

Hey I’m Sarah Duarte! I am majoring in History with minors in Digital Marketing and Constitutional Studies at the University of Notre Dame. I’m also a Zumba instructor and am from Southern California.