This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Getting to the gym before the pandemic was difficult, now add limited restrictions and time schedules. Luckily there are great ways to stay active in the comfort of your own room.

MadFit

Maddie Lymburner, a fitness YouTuber, has an amazing collection of at-home workouts ranging from HIIT, abs, stretching and dance parties (my personal favorite). Each curated workout is less than thirty minutes long and is a great way to get your heart pumping. You can find her page here.

Peloton

Peloton has emerged as one of the leaders in fitness equipment and classes. Luckily, you don’t even need a bike or treadmill to participate in some of Peloton’s amazing workouts. Peloton is offering a free month of access to their app. Some of my personal favorite classes are pilates, core interval and power yoga.

Nike Training Club

Another great free app is Nike Training Club. If you are an Apple Watch wearer, the app syncs up providing vibrations to let you know when the particular exercise is complete. The workouts range from quick 10-minute core training to bodyweight-only sessions.

Fitness challenges

For the more highly motivated individuals, fitness challenges can be a great way to stay active without a lot of equipment. The challenges can be squats, burpees, planks, push-ups, calf raises or any of your favorite exercises. Finding schedules for challenges is as easy as typing “fitness challenge” into Google.

Stair climbing

While stair climbing is a great form of exercise, it is tremendously difficult to get a gym spot and reserve a stair climber. Luckily, stairs are everywhere and can be utilized without making a gym reservation.

Learn a dance routine

Whether a seasoned dancer or an amatuer, dancing is a great way to have fun and burn calories. Learning a dance routine can be as simple as trying to teach yourself a TikTok dance all the way up to learning Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” routine.

Teach yourself a yoga pose

Yoga is great for meditation and stretching. Learning a new pose allows you to challenge your body and your strength. If you are feeling brave, you can try 2-person yoga poses with a roommate or a friend.

It always helps to challenge your friends as well as have them keep you accountable. Happy exercising!

Addison Quinn

Notre Dame '22

Hi all! I am from Granger, IN (a lengthy twenty minute drive away from campus) and Ryan Hall is truly a home away from home! I am an intended Marketing major with a Collaborative Innovation minor, but I love trying new things! I’d say my spirit animal is a giraffe because I’m tall, awkward when I run, have a longer than average neck, and don’t drink nearly enough water.