5 Amazing Cookies to Bake this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Now that the stress of homework, busy schedules, and crazy social lives has been put on pause for the summer, it’s the perfect time to try your hand at baking! Who can resist a full-size kitchen after being stuck with a dorm kitchen most of the year? One of the most classic, easy treats to bake is a good, old-fashioned cookie. Baking cookies is so relaxing and satisfying, plus you can eat as much cookie dough as you want!

These five cookies are some of my personal favorites and, considering I’ve baked all of them successfully, are pretty hard to mess up. Check them out!

Mrs. Fields’ Blue Ribbon Cookie

This is the most delicious, classic chocolate chip cookie you’ll ever taste.  I’ve been baking this cookie forever and I’ve had so many people ask for the recipe!  It’s simple to bake and seriously worth it. Find the recipe here

Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookie

I got this recipe off of good ol’ Pinterest and it looked too good to pass up. I’m obsessed with Nutella and once you add chocolate chips, the cookie gets super chocolatey and rich (definitely eat these with a glass of milk!) These cookies turned out great and only lasted about a day in my house. Find the recipe here

Mrs. Fields’ Malted Milk Cookie

This is another Mrs. Fields recipe (I really recommend her Cookie Book). These cookies are simply so yummy! You probably won’t have malted milk in your kitchen, so you’ll have to make a trip to the store. It’s so worth it, though—these cookies are so soft and almost melt in your mouth, plus have that great flavor you would get from a malted milkshake. Find the recipe here

Fudgy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Okay, so these are technically bars instead of cookies, but they’re too good to leave out. They have rolled oats in them so I like to think they’re really healthy even though the middle is pure fudgy goodness. So far, I’ve made these twice and my sister keeps asking me to make them again. Find the recipe here

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these cookies after my mom told me I needed to stop baking so many unhealthy things in our house.  I was really skeptical about how these would turn out because you’re supposed to use a banana in place of the sugar and eggs, but they actually turned out okay! They looked sort of weird (they were a really light color) but they tasted great.  I would recommend dark chocolate chips with these because they taste great with the hint of banana you get from the cookie. Find the recipe here

Happy baking, collegiates!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us and show our Instagram some love!

The HCND application is now open! For more information contact Rebecca Rogalski at rrogalsk@nd.edu or Katrina Linden at klinden1@nd.edu.

Images: 123456

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hey guys! My name is Hannah Beighle and I'm a sophomore originally from Seattle, WA but am loving my new home in Breen-Phillips Hall at Notre Dame. You can find me spending all of my flex points (and my friends' flex points) at Starbucks or getting sunburned outside. I love baking, playing sports, binge-watching reality TV, and spending time with friends!