brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

13 Instagram Accounts to Make Your Timeline More Positive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Instagram is one of the most common social media platforms among college students, yet it’s notorious for its detrimental effects on mental health and self-image. The temptation to compare yourself to everyone else is easy to give in to, which is why many celebrities and influencers are coming under scrutiny for the messages they send to their followers along with their use of the social media platform to sell personal products. Instead of falling into the social media slump, here are some empowering, inspiring, hilarious and adorable accounts to add to your Insta feed for content that you can feel good about.

@morganharpernichols

All of the stories on this account are based on personal testimonies, so if they resonate with you, it’s because you’re not going through it alone. As well as being aesthetically pleasing, they touch on topics like worthiness, resilience and courage.

@risingwoman

Whether or not you believe in any kind of astrology or spirituality, this account features wisdom on boundaries, healing and creating healthy relationships.

@musingsfromthemoon

As well as a minimalistic aesthetic, this account features cute line drawings and prose about self-love and growth.

@danielledoby

These poems about love, empowerment, and the strength of women supporting each other are powerful no matter what your relationship status looks like.

@hercampus

Since Her Campus is all about supporting college women, you can expect relatable memes, quotes and advice (and, of course, follow @hercampusnotredame to keep up with campus events).

@golden.coil

As well as being a female-owned and operated company, this account has all the productivity inspiration you’ll need to get started on next week’s assignments.

@thedaydesigner

If the thought of papers being due the week after the first home game is just too daunting, another dose of colorful motivation might help.

@jessrachelsharp

If you want motivational and positive reminders in an Insta-story-share-worthy format for rough mental health days or Mondays (or any day you need a pick-me-up), look no further.

@cutest.cows

Sometimes you just need to look at an adorable calf to know that everything is going to be okay.

@kittensincolorado

These videos of foster kittens are guaranteed to improve your day and make you smile…and possibly make you question whether it’s possible to hide a kitten of your own in your dorm all semester.

@natgeoimagecollection

An offshoot of National Geographic magazine, this account features amazing photographs of nature and humanity that might inspire you to pick up your own camera, or just appreciate the beauty of our world.

@overhearduniversity

College is a weird time – you’re an adult, but are you?…and sometimes it helps to know that everybody’s going through the same struggle.

@overheardbumble

Because dating is tough sometimes and we could all use a laugh about it! Although not all of the submitted stories are successes, there are also a few good lines to use on your next formal date.

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on Facebook, Pin with us and show our Instagram some love!
Elizabeth Stratton

Notre Dame '21

Elizabeth is a junior at Notre Dame studying history and classics.