This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With Thanksgiving less than two weeks away, the holiday season is in full swing. Even though some of you may have played Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” over 50 times already, we can’t forget about all the amazing festivities that are associated with Thanksgiving. I am a fanatic for all things pumpkin, so this season is no doubt my favorite. Plus, what better way to celebrate the season of thankfulness than with pumpkins in every way, shape and form? Try out these 12 pumpkin recipes to get you in the spirit for Thanksgiving!

Pumpkin Bread

When I first smell pumpkin bread in the oven, sometimes as early in the season as September 1, I know that fall is here. Although the Trader Joe’s brand is my go-to because it is so quick and easy to make, any pumpkin bread during the fall is my vice. This recipe can also be used to make pumpkin muffins for the same amazing taste, but an easier snack to grab on the go (just keep in mind the cooking time).

Pumpkin Cocolate Chip Cookies

Everyone loves a delicious chocolate chip cookie. Add pumpkin to this classic recipe to ring in fall! These soft, cake-like cookies will have you coming back again and again for more.

Pumpkin Roll

This is a recipe that I would recommend for the experienced baker. Although the recipe claims it is “easier than ever to make,” any type of roll will pose a challenge. If you’re up for that challenge, I’m sure this delicious pumpkin cake rolled with cream cheese filling will be well worth it.

Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake

Just looking at this recipe is enough to make your mouth water (I speak from experience). What better way to start the morning than with a cup of joe (maybe even a pumpkin spice latte) and a slice of homemade pumpkin spice coffee cake? I really don’t think there is anything more perfect.

Whipped Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter

You all better believe that I will be trying out this recipe ASAP! The possibilities with this pumpkin butter are endless. Add this on top of muffins, bread, waffles or even shamelessly eat it straight with a spoon!

Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes

I have never attempted to make donut holes, but after reading this recipe for pumpkin spice donut holes I don’t know how I’ve gone my whole life without trying this. Donut holes can be both a breakfast food and a dessert, and the pumpkin spice makes them perfect for this time of the year. Did I mention they’re rolled in cinnamon sugar?

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

This recipe is a 6-in-1 deal! Everyone has tried the classic homemade salted pumpkin seeds drizzled with olive oil. This dish blows your classic out of the park with fun flavors like ranch and pizza.

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

Two words: pumpkin snickerdoodles. I don’t even know how to properly convey my excitement because two of my favorite things are coming together to form one beautiful and tasty cookie. There may not be anything better than a warm, homemade snickerdoodle with real pumpkin and fall spices.

Pumpkin Pancakes

Spice up your breakfast routine with these pumpkin pancakes. Drizzle a tall stack of them with maple syrup for the perfect fall breakfast on Thanksgiving morning.

Pumpkin Dinner Rolls

Become the Thanksgiving MVP this year at the dinner table with this fall twist for your typical dinner roll. These honey butter pumpkin dinner rolls will surely be a hit with the family this Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Soup

On a cold fall night, what could you possibly crave more than warm, creamy pumpkin soup? This dish is essentially fall in a bowl, and it’s the best comfort food for this season in my opinion.

Pumpkin Pie

I couldn’t possibly forget the most classic pumpkin recipe of all. Pumpkin pie!! This old fashioned pumpkin pie recipe is easy to make and will always take the cake for the best Thanksgiving dessert.

Although there are countless more pumpkin recipes, these are twelve of my current favorites. Try these out this fall/Thanksgiving to make the most of the season of pumpkin!

Sarah Duarte

Notre Dame '22

Hey I’m Sarah Duarte! I am majoring in History with minors in Digital Marketing and Constitutional Studies at the University of Notre Dame. I’m also a Zumba instructor and am from Southern California.