Style > Beauty

Top 3 Halloween Scents You Need to Own Before October 31st

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

There’s nothing that gets you more in the spooky mood than some Halloween-scented candles, body sprays and lotions. But where do you find the perfect smells to embody the bone-chilling, yet cozy and colorful Halloween vibes? Well, don’t worry—we have you covered with the top 3 must-have Halloween scents to add to your collection this spooky szn.

1. Vampire Blood – Bath and Body Works

This scary scent is a part of this year’s Bath and Body Works Halloween collection. Bath and Body Works is legendary for their holiday scents, and this year’s Halloween line is no exception. Vampire Blood is one of the returning customer favorites, and we can see why. With a strawberry base and hints of floral jasmine and plum, this scent has just the right amount of fruity strength. Although it isn’t very bloodlike, Vampire Blood will definitely remind you of trick or treating and fruity Halloween candy. Bath and Body Works’ website describes it as “equal parts fruity, floral and frightful,” and I couldn’t agree more. The scent is made in a hand sanitizer, concentrated room spray, single wick candle, three wick candles and much more. The three wick candle is the most popular, and the perfect candle for the season, especially for those who like fruity smells over pumpkin spice. 

https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/p/vampire-blood-3-wick-candle-026537144.html

1. Lord of Misrule – LUSH

Looking for a more mischievous smell this Halloween? This scent, Lord of Misrule, is the perfect way to really give you the chills. It combines a sweet herbal smell with smoky pepper undertones for a soothing, yet creepy, effect. The scent is also great for your skin. Products such as the shower gel include glycerin and wheatgerm oil that moisturizes and revitalizes your body, while the patchouli works to relax you mentally. Lush describes the smell as being like “dancing around a festival bonfire.” Lord of Misrule comes in a shower gel, candle, bath bomb, body spray, massage bar and more. The massage bar is my favorite because the scent lingers without being overpowering.

https://www.lushusa.com/halloween/lord-of-misrule/9999900339.html

1.  Deep Sleep Magick – Witchy Woman World Apothecary

If you’re tired of all the mainstream scents and want something a little more unique, try Deep Sleep Magick. Witchy Woman World (WWW) apothecary is a local Evanston business that, as you can tell by the name, is in its element this spooky season. Although they sell scents for all times of the year, WWW specializes in their Halloween scents that will indulge your senses and transport you into the Witchy World. Deep Sleep Magick is one of the shop’s biggest fan favorites—it is truly a must have. With a stronger lavender smell, and undertones of tropical ylang-ylang and vanillay tonka flower, it really make you feel like you’ve been put under a magical spell. The scent is persistent and stays with you for a while, but is also subtle and sweet. You can really feel the love and hand made quality of the scent. Deep Sleep Magick comes in a bath and body oil, body butter, spray and bath bomb. I highly recommend the bath and body oil because you can drop it into your bath or use as a massage oil. Check out other scents from WWW’s extensive Halloween collection like La Llorrona or October Day.

https://witchywomanworldapothecary.com/products/deep-sleep-magick-bath-body-oil?_pos=3&_psq=deep%20sleep%20&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Zaina Karim

Northwestern '26

Hi my name is Zaina, I'm a freshman studying biological sciences, and I'm from Oak Brook Illinois.