Quick Guide to Last Minute Voting in Evanston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s midterm election season and I’m sure you’ve heard an earful of opinions from both Republicans and Democrats alike, but if you’re like a lot of other people on campus, you don’t know how to do your part and vote away from home.

Not registered yet?

Now that voting is tomorrow, there really is only one option. This year, Illinois is implementing same-day voting and luckily Evanston has a station where you can still register.

If you visit the Evanston Civic Center (2100 Ridge Ave) and are eligible to vote, you can register and vote same day, or you can register today and vote tomorrow!

What do you need to register?

If you’re showing up to register in Evanston, you need to have a few things.

1.     Photo ID

2.     Proof of residence (any piece of mail)

Remember, lines will be long so allot 30-45 minutes to vote and 60-75 minutes if you need to register as well.

Not informed?

If you’ve left it to the last minute to look into the candidates who are running, or have zero idea of who is actually running in this election, Project Vote Smart has put together this amazing module to help you figure out who to vote for. After fill out a few questions on their module here, they provide you with side-by-side comparisons of which topics each candidate has in common with you.

So get out and vote ladies and gentlemen, these are the politicians that will be speaking for you in our government!

image links: (1) (2)