This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It’s easy to get sucked up into the world of college, when everyone is the same age and parents are far far away from you. But this Sunday is Mother’s Day, a holiday that may seem gimmicky, but a day of recognition is much needed for all the moms out there. Here are some last-minute gift ideas that will let the most important woman in your life that you care no matter how close or far you are!

1. Send her a bouquet of Flowers

Who doesn’t love getting flowers? They brighten up a room and make everything feel so much more fresh and alive. With the internet, there are hundreds of websites that allow you to customize and order bouquets for every occasion for a variety of prices. While it can get a little pricey, there are simple, cheaper options. If you’re done with school or live closer to home, go to your local grocery store and buy some flowers and hand deliver them. Anything from a dozen of daffodils to an elaborate bouquet of daisies and tulips will put a smile on her face.

2. Give an experience the two of you can enjoy together

While getting your mother the newest book or nice piece of jewelry is thoughtful, take your gift to the next level and book an experience the two of you can enjoy together. It can be anything from booking a mani-pedi appointment for the next time you see each other to planning to treat her breakfast when she comes to move you out at the end of the year. What matters is you made an effort to spend some time with her, and she’ll appreciate that.

3. Frame a picture of the two of you for her desk at work

Whether it’s an old picture of when you were much younger lying around or a selfie of the two of you print out a picture of you and your mom and stick it in a frame. This last-minute gift can range from simple and chic to elaborate and crafty. Most drugstores like CVS and Walgreens sell simple frames and allow you to print photos off your smart phone, so after a few minutes in there, you’ll walk out with a meaningful Mother’s Day gift that will make her smile every time she sees it.

4. Pick out a Subscription Box that suits her style

If you’re really pressed for time, this is the option for you. There are hundreds of subscription boxes available on the internet that you can choose from that suit a variety of different tastes and price ranges. From makeup sample subscriptions to wine-of-the month subscriptions, there’s sure to be something that will bring a smile to your mom’s face and won’t break your college budget.

5. Make a homemade card

And finally, when in doubt, make a card. Homemade birthday and holiday cards are what litter my mom’s bulletin boards at work because they are more meaningful than going out to the store a buying a six-dollar singing card that she’ll listen to once and then throw away. Break out the construction paper, Crayola markers and glitter glue and get creative! It will bring you back to your childhood while also reminding your mom what a great child you are.

Freshman Medill student at Northwestern University