Style > Beauty

Viral Lip Balms That Everyone Needs to Try 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

In the midst of the cold, winter season, there is one thing that everyone dreads having: dry lips. Living in a cold environment most likely means that your lips are chapped. A good way to solve that? Lip balms! 

As you may know, there are many different varieties of lip balms on the market. From drugstore brands to high-end products, there are so many options to choose from. So to make life easier, here are five lip balms to try out. 

Standing at number one is the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm. This lip balm is something that almost everyone should know, as it is currently trending on social media. Made with shea and murumuru seed butter, it gives the lips a boost of hydration, glides on smoothly and gives a nice gloss to the lips. There are currently seven shades available with different scents. Not only that, this lip balm is cruelty-free, gluten-free and vegan! I personally have this one in the shade “Vanilla,” and I use it almost every day. 

Next is the iconic Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. This product is my OG holy grail product that I have used for years and it has never failed me. Although it is called a “sleeping mask,” intended to be used for nighttime, it can also be used as a regular lip balm. This was released back in 2015 and quickly became a staple product in stores. It has a rich, creamy consistency and is made with hyaluronic acid and a mixture of nourishing oils and butters, so it can automatically heal a case of dry lips. Due to its high popularity, Laneige released a variety of different sleeping masks in full and mini sizes. 

The Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment recently blew up on social media. Made by Miss Hailey Bieber herself, this product made everyone on the internet go crazy. This comes in five different scents: Salted Caramel, Watermelon Slice, Unscented, Rhode Vanilla and Strawberry Glaze. All are made with shea butter, peptides and cupuaçu to hydrate the lips. Many users have said that using this product made their lips softer and look more plump. Due to its high popularity in the market, there is also a tinted version of this lip treatment. 

In fourth place is the Topicals Slick Salve Mint Lip Balm. This vegan lip balm is great for people who constantly have dry lips no matter how much product they use. The key ingredients are hyaluronic acid, ceramides, glycerin and rice bran wax, all of which promote deep hydration and improve lip texture over time. With a thick texture and a slight mint smell, it gradually builds the lip barrier to prevent further cracks and dryness. 

Last but not least is the Naturium Phyto-Glow Lip Balm Jam. For those who do not want to spend the extra money to get a lip balm, this $10 balm is perfect for you. It is the perfect dupe, allowing you to save your money and giving you the same finish as other high-end lip products. This is a dermatologist-tested and paraben-free product, so it is a good choice for those who are afraid to use products that might cause them to break out. Made with phyto-derived esters, shea butter, cupuaçu butter and plant squalane, it leaves lips feeling soft, silky and smooth. There are multiple shades to choose from with an added shine to finish off your look. 

I hope all of these recommendations help you stay moisturized this winter! These lip balms have been trending for quite some time on social media, so you better grab them before they sell out.

Vy Tran

Northeastern '26

Vy Tran is a Northeastern Student majoring majoring in Business Administration and Communications with a Public Relations minor. She is the marketing and publicity assistant at HC. Her favorite things are listening to music, trying out new things, and playing tennis.