This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Grab your bibs, Huskies, because these are some of the best dishes around Northeastern’s campus to fill your stomach (and your heart) with.

1. Shakshuka from Tatte Bakery and Cafe

This traditional North African stew of tomatoes and bell peppers is topped with crumbly feta cheese and over easy eggs. Trust us when we say it’s like eating a hug. Oh, and the best part? It’s served with homemade challah bread on the side, so you can dip to your heart’s content.

Courtesy of The Boston Globe

2. Gelato from Eataly

Everyone knows that ice cream is one of the most indulgent “treat yo’ self” foods, but the gelato from Eataly is on a level that will blow your socks off. Creamy, rich, and refreshing, they offer over a dozen unique flavors. Oh, I almost forgot. They have a cascading Nutella fountain that you can top your cup or fill your waffle cone with (I’d like to inquire about replacing my shower head with that contraption, please).                                                                                                                    Courtesy of Pinterest

3. Soup Dumplings from Dumpling Palace

Sure, you’ve had regular dumplings, those little doughy balls of delight, but soup dumplings are the extra-decadent version of those. Inside the normal steamed bun of a dumpling, you’ll find meat and vegetables swimming in flavorful soup broth. This means that when you bite into a soup dumpling, your mouth floods with delicious, warm, flavor-packed soup. Heaven.

Courtesy of Craving Boston

4. Blackbird Donuts

Located around Boston, Blackbird is dishing out some seriously decadent donuts. From classic flavors like Boston Cream to unique creations like Guava Glazed, this place has a donut flavor to match every mood. Want something truly unique? Any of their donuts can be made into ice cream sandwiches and filled with chocolate or vanilla ice cream. I’ll take ten, please.                                                                                                               Courtesy of Time Out

5. Brunch at Brownstone

Nothing is more #goals than when the squad assembles on a Sunday morning around a table full of brunch food to discuss everyone’s weekend events. Well, my friends, when it comes to the ritual of weekend brunch, Brownstone is the place to do it. From classic dishes like Corned Beef Hash to bold options like the Pulled Pork Benedict, this place should definitely be a part of your “Treat Yo’Self” weekend roster.

Courtesy of the Boston Herald

6. Rolled Ice Cream from Juicy Spot Cafe

For another cool treat that puts an interesting twist on the traditional ice cream sundae, check out Juicy Spot Cafe in Chinatown. This place offers rolled ice cream that they freeze right in front of you on slabs coated with liquid nitrogen. Toppings include all your favorites candies, plus harder-to-find add-ons like Speculoos cookies and condensed milk. We can definitely roll with that.

Courtesy of Juicy Spot Cafe

7. Pizza from Area Four

Why treat yo’ self with a pizza from Area Four in the South End? Because you love yourself, that’s why. Pizza is one of the ultimate comfort foods, and this place is serving up some of the best in Boston: coal-fired, crispy, and, yes, very cheesy. With unique combinations like Wellfleet Clam & Bacon and Sausage & Banana Peppers, there’s something for everyone here.

Courtesy of Thrillist

8. Smoothie Bowls from Juice Press

Despite how this list may make it seem, treat yo’ self foods don’t have to be bad for you. For a healthier option, head to Juice Press for a smoothie bowl. From the go-to açai base to the trendy “green” option, these bowls consist of a fruit smoothie base, topped with granola, almond butter, and whatever fruit your heart may desire. It’s basically a refreshing, creamy ice cream sundae, but way better for you. What’s not to love?

Courtesy of Juice Press

9. Gnocchi from Paparazzi

This is one of my favorite dishes in Boston ever. If you’ve never had gnocchi before, you’re seriously missing out, and if you haven’t had the “Gnocchi alla Sorrentina” from Paparazzi on Newbury St., well, you’re still missing out. These little potato-pasta balls literally melt in your mouth like tiny clouds straight out of heaven. Think it couldn’t get any better? These little guys come tossed in tangy pomodoro sauce and covered in a blanket of mozzarella cheese. Bellissimo!

Courtesy of The Collabor-Eight

10. Burgers, Fries, and “Freak Frappes” from Boston Burger Company

The absolute pinnacle of decadent dining can be found at Boston Burger Company. From fried hamburgers to freak frappes, this place specializes in serving the most outrageously gluttonous creations in the city. Even their French fries can be made to order with pizza toppings and clam chowder. I’m drooling just thinking about it.

Courtesy of Boston Burger Company

Kara DiOrio

Northeastern

Second-year Communications Studies major with passions for food, music, and adventure.