This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

When it comes to working out, there are so many great websites out there with detailed workouts, nutritional plans and gear to help you achieve your goals. A great resource that is out there is Tone It Up, which is a program started by two friends, Katrina and Karena.

Fitness

On their website they have a designated section for fitness and improving your flexibility. It ranges from yoga sequences to kettle bell routines, to stretching. It breaks down into different parts of the body that you are looking to tone, as well as overall sequences like to get in shape for a bikini.

My personal favorite is their 8-minute video that goes through stretching. I like to use it as a warm up and get my muscles ready for another one of their videos or as a cool down after a run through the streets of Boston. Most of their videos don’t require outside equipment, focusing more on using body weight (which is hard in itself).

Nutrition & Recipes

They also have an entire section dedicated to eating healthy and recipes to help you accomplish this. Right now the focus is on fall and all the flavors that are associated with it. A nice part about eating “fall foods” is the environmental and cost savings that come from choosing these foods over others that are out of season.

They also show you how to incorporate protein and protein powder into your everyday diet. Having a protein shake gets old, so looking for another way to add it into your daily routine is a good way to help build muscle.

On top of that they also have nutrition tips to help with your overall eating habits. Blog

On the site is also a blog by the two owners, where they talk about their own progress and they also let others share their transformation stories. You can go through and see others who have the same goals and have gone through the program and actually gone on to achieve them. Knowing that someone faced some of the same challenges you are helps to know that you can overcome it.

I encourage everyone who reads this to check out some of Katrina and Karena’s videos and see if this is something that you want to further research.

Hi. I am a sophmore studying business with a dual concentration in marketing and management, as well as a minor in sustainable business. Outside of school I have a passion for sports, especially football (Patriots) and hockey (Bruins). I also love to bake, snuggle with my puppy, read and hang out with my friends.
Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: