kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Run Forrest, Run

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

One of the best exercises that you can do is run and luckily for you, Boston is an exciting place to explore through running. The Charles River, depending on where you live is a mile away from campus and is filled with beautiful views of the city and waterfront. There are trees to climb and pictures to take!

There are also a lot of races that happen in Boston. In September, some friends and I ran in the Fall Classic, which is a 5k that takes place in Cambridge. The proceeds from the race went towards the Cambridge track team and the Special Olympics. There are also some fun more abstract races that take place in Boston and the surrounding areas as well.

The Zombie Run: http://thezombierun.com/about/

This takes place in Boston, MA and is an obstacle course that has two different options for running. You could be a human, and jog for your life through the adventure course that is set up like a zombie apocalypse, or you could actually be a zombie and run after the humans and try to kill them (steal their flag). If you are a zombie than you get a whole makeover and the chance to terrorize random people.

Unfortunately this event happened this year, but this look for this event next October!

The Devils Chase: http://bnseventmanagement.com/events/DevilsChase.html

Want another reason to go to Salem around Halloween time? Here’s a race for you that involves a zombie flash mob! This 6.66 mile race in Salem has everything you could want for a spooky race including the setting, the costumes and of course the dancing. This race takes place October 25th and if you already have plans for this weekend, keep it in mind for next year.

The Winter Classic: http://classic5k.com/winter_classic/

Like the Fall Classic I ran in September, this race takes place in Cambridge and the proceeds go to charity. Need another incentive to run 3.1 miles? If you run both the fall and winter classic you receive a fleece after completion! Also, the race is sponsored by Asgard, Irish Pub and Restaurant, and Jack’s Abby, a brewing company, and all those 21+ receive free beer at the post race. You can also wear costumes and there are prizes for the best one! This race takes place December 7th, 2014!

Boston Half Marathon:

If you are really up to the challenge there are many half marathons that take place during the year. Boston, home to the world famous marathon in April, also hosts a half marathon in October. A couple of my friends ran in it and said that it was a great experience, tough but rewarding.

Get out there and go for a run before it becomes too cold!

Hi. I am a sophmore studying business with a dual concentration in marketing and management, as well as a minor in sustainable business. Outside of school I have a passion for sports, especially football (Patriots) and hockey (Bruins). I also love to bake, snuggle with my puppy, read and hang out with my friends.
Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: