This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

It’s almost Game Day collegiettes; time to get your friends together, make some bets, drink some beer, and pretend to care about who wins even though the Patriots aren’t playing. The best part of Super Bowl Sunday is probably gorging yourself with delectable appetizers. If you still want to do this, but don’t want to feel guilty about it, check out some of these healthy Super Bowl recipes that’ll be sure to satisfy your cravings.  

Quinoa Pizza Bites

These bite-sized bits of goodness are packed with protein and classic flavors. The recipe is also easy and can be made vegan.

Recipe: Quinoa-Pizza Bites

Spicy Kale Chips

Instead of Doritos, serve your guests a different kind of chip… one that happens to be made out of a power vegetable. Kale is one of the best foods you can eat, and with this spicy twist on the classic kale chip, this appetizer won’t last long.

Recipe: Spicy Kale Chips

Rosemary Roasted Cashews

Everyone loves going out to the bars to watch the football games. This simple recipe takes a healthy twist on bar nuts and adds some complex flavors.

Recipe: Rosemary Roasted Cashews

7 Layer Dip

There’s nothing quite like 7 layer Mexican dip, you’ve got all the flavors of a stuffed burrito packed into a bowl. This version of the dip takes all those delicious layers and makes a few substitutions to leave you not feeling guilty for wanting more.

Recipe: 7-Layer Bean Dip

Chicken Wings

Another must-have sporting event food… wings. Bodybuilding.com has this list of some awesome healthier wings recipes that are still battered in thick-decadent flavored sauces. Check out these recipes from Teriyaki wings to Honey Dijon and more!

Recipes: 5 Healthy Chicken Wing Recipes

Healthy Pizzas

Yes, more pizza related recipes… but seriously what is a game of football without a hearty slice of pizza? I’ve compiled a few of healthy pizza recipes that’ll be sure to satisfy your guests.

Recipes:

Healthy Pepperoni Pizza

BBQ Chicken Pizza

Whole-Wheat Salad PIzza

Hawaiian Pizza

Stephanie Cohn

Northeastern

Stephanie is a Sophomore Journalism major at Northeastern University and has been with her campus for about a year now. She spent her first semester abroad in Costa Rica where she discovered her passion for writing through weekly blog assignments. Stephanie is now in the process of pursuing a minor in Latin American studies and hopes that someday to cover the region. Currently she is the Hub Health intern for Boston Magazine and the promotions chair for Hercampus Northeastern. Outside of HerCampus she enjoys healthy baking, yoga, creative writing, and spending time with her Sigma Kappa sorority sisters. 
Shannon Clark

Northeastern

Shannon is a third year communication studies and business student at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. She has always been interested in writing and journalism, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect outlet for that! She has been part of Her Campus Northeastern since her freshman year, and has recently been elected as co-correspondent. She is excited for a great semester!