free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Emily Feltault

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Name: Emily Feltault

Major: Communication Studies

Year: Junior

Hometown: Topsfield, MA

Student Involvement: Campus Correspondent for HCNU, PR Chair for Kappa Kappa Gamma, CAMD Ambassador and Husky Ambassador

Emily with one of the HC founders, Stephanie Lewis, last year

How did you get involved with Her Campus?
Believe it or not my brother actually told me about Her Campus when I had decided to come to Northeastern. Once I got on campus and saw the table, I went to the first meeting they had and have been going ever since! I have always been involved with writing journalistically in high school so I wanted to continue that.

What made you apply for an internship?
Someone from HC Nationals sent the link to the applications to all of the Campus Correspondents (CC) to share with our team. After reading the job description, and knowing I had wanted to try getting even more involved with Her Campus I sent in an application too!

What do you do during your internship? 
I am a Campus Management intern and I help Cara manage the 280+ chapters each and every day; everything from weekly traffic, chapter advisors and the My Campus Weekly Report to social media, editing content and sitting in on interviews. There is a lot that needs to be done to keep every chapter up and running!

What’s your best piece of advice for someone hoping to break into the PR/comm industry and find their own internship?
Definitely to just start reaching out earlier on, but to reach out to companies you are interested in. Don’t reach out to the most well known PR firm in Boston if you know that they only deal with tech companies and you aren’t that tech savvy. Reach out to companies who may have their own PR department within the company and who have a product or a client that you enjoy and can easily stand behind. You have to find something you are passionate about to really give 100% to your company.
Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: