This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

Just because Halloween is over doesnt mean you have to neglect fall-themed baking! Wow your friends and family by whipping up these quick (and cheap!) treats that can be made in the comfort of your own apartment and can easily substitute as a Thanksgiving dish.

1. Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow

from sweetpenniesfromheaven.com

This addicting Chex snack only require a handful of ingredients, and can be complimented with M&Ms, creme pumpkins, or Hersheys kisses. It only takes a couple minutes to assemble the snack, and an hour or so before the product is finished.

2. Candy Apple Cupcakes

from mostlyhomemademom.com

Yellow cake mix, apple juice, and apple sauce are the foundation for these apple cupcakes. Dont be intimidated by homemade frosting – it only has 5 ingredients, most of which are basics that should already be in your apartment.

3. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

from cookingclassy.com

This hot chocolate will keep you warm on those cold windy nights. You have the option of buying caramel sauce or making your own. Whipped cream and drizzles of caramel are necessary.

4. Apple Cider Pancakes with Caramel Apple Syrup

from tasteandtellblog.com

Apple cider is the key ingredient to these homemade pancakes, and can easily be added to packaged pancake mix for a new fall twist on breakfast.

5. Snickerdoodle Brownies

from dreamsiclesisters.com

A different take on the original cinnamon cookies, the snickerdoodle brownie only takes about an hour of prep time and bake time to make, and incorporate basic ingredients that are most likely in your apartment.

Happy baking! Make sure to post your pictures of your renditions of these recipes in the comment section below.

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: