Apply to be a Student Leader for Fit NU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northeastern chapter.

If you haven’t heard of the awesome new fitness club on campus, Fit NU keep reading for the inside scoop! Sarah Gaines, a Northeastern senior and successful owner of the Fit University blog, has worked hard all semester to build a club that is a community of fit and healthy students and bring awesome free group workout ideas, healthy eating workshops, and events to the students of Northeastern. These have included freebies from Sweet Green, a trip to Wholefoods, a healthy potluck, a free Handle Bar class, free yoga classes at Sacred Space, and even a fencing tutorial that I got the opportunity to try!  Fit NU is the best place to go if you want to be surrounded by supportive individuals dedicated to fitness of both the body and mind. It is way more afforable, personalized, and interactive compared to Group Fitness.

Next semester, Fit NU is adding a new structure to the club: Student leaders who will preside as e-board members of the club and coaches. Each coach will choose a specialty and host at least one work out a week. This way, all members, male and female, can get workouts in their favorite fitness areas or try new areas in a way that’s flexible to their busy schedules. It also means that you will never have an excuse to skip a work out that week! These leaders will gain experience as coaches and mentors and make a real impact on the campus community. 

The list of eboard positions and their descriptions are attached below. Sarah is accepting applications until Friday, April 10 so take advantage of this opportunity soon! Send any questions to fitnortheastern@gmail.com

Morgan Weadock

Northeastern

Morgan is currently a third year at Northeastern University in Boston working towards a degree in Finance and a dual minor in Economics and Political Science. She is the co-president and Campus Correspondent for the Northeastern Her Campus Chapter and also involved with Alpha Kappa Psi and Streak Media. Morgan is originally from NJ and despite popular sentiment believes it to be the best state in the country. Her interests include cooking things that don't look as pretty as they did on Pinterest, reading while drinking tea, going to the beach, fitness and nutrition, and Netflix binging (: