The Best Halloween Youtube Tutorials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NMSU chapter.

For college students, Halloween is a HUGE deal. Depending where Halloween falls within the week, you may need multiple outfits for different parties in order to not be labeled an “outfit repeater” like Lizzie McGuire. Let’s be honest, we are super busy college students, and we cannot devote all of our time to picking out our costume. Well do not worry, I have provided Youtube links to some great makeup tutorials and DIY costumes that will ensure that you are looking your best at that Halloween party. Check them out below! If you like working with makeup, have a lot of time and want to look scary check out: Nicole Guerriero’s “Disney Villain Cruella de Vil”

This makeup tutorial requires some pretty great makeup skills or a lot of patience, but it is so worth it. Guerriero provides two different takes on this Disney villain, one looking normal and one with a scary twist. This look requires some special items that you most likely do not have lying around, but it is an awesome look.   If you like working with makeup, have some time and want to look cute check out: Chrisspy’s “Snow White Halloween Makeup Tutorial”

This look is extremely adorable and simple. I can even imagine this makeup without the costume and just jeans paired with a red or blue shirt and the wig. This makeup look is not difficult and can even be used on occasions other than Halloween. If you like working with makeup, have a lot of time and want to be creative check out: NikkieTutorial’s “Phantom of Makeup”

This Halloween makeup is insanely beautiful and also an optical illusion. I’m not going to lie, makeup skills are necessary for this look because it is very precise. However, you will be sure to turn every head in the party with this makeup while still being able to wear whatever clothes you want. This video is great to watch if you want to do only makeup and not wear an actual costume. If you are running out of time check out: Sarocha B’s “4 Last Minute Halloween Makeup Ideas”

In this video, the looks for a vampire, Bambi, a spider web, and a creepy rag doll are created. These do require some makeup skills, but for the most part can be created with the products already in your makeup kit. These makeup looks paired with clothes already in your closet can ensure that you have a killer halloween look! If you are looking to focus only on a costume, but do not want to go out and buy one check out: CloeCouture’s “100 Last Minute DIY Halloween Costume Ideas” This video is super helpful and includes 100 creative costume ideas. From Regina George to a mime, you are sure to find a costume that works for you and one that you already have most items for. If you are looking for costumes to go as with a group check out: Tess Christine’s “Stranger Things Halloween Costume; Solo, Group + DIY”

I saw this video a couple years ago and thought it was funny and cute. You will probably need to go out and buy some of the items included in the video, so do not pick these costumes if you are getting ready last minute. These are also great looks for fans of Stranger Things.

If you want to look straight up gorgeous check out: Desi Perkins’ “Last Minute Mermaid Halloween Makeup”

This is another look that is enticing because it does not take too long. This mermaid makeup is absolutely stunning and only requires a few essentials to perfect the look. As Perkins said in the video, you can use this makeup for a variety of different costumes.

Amaris W

NMSU '20

Majoring in sociology and gender studies.
International Business and French double major fascinated by story telling and poodles!