This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New School chapter.

The first thing I did after getting the job I have now (I’m an editorial intern at a literary agency), was go home and take a good, hard look at my closet. Everything suddenly looked obnoxious and unprofessional. My supervisor said that as interns we needed to “treat every day like it’s the job interview,” come in polished. It took me a while, but I managed to kind of learn to dress for the office. But I’m still learning. A month into the job and I’ve realized everyone is. Some people come in suits, others in sweats. Some wear every color under the sun, others I’ve never seen in anything other than black and white. So, since everyone is still navigating office wear, here’s a few outfits that got me through my first month.

The outfit from the first day

The outfit from the day I felt Lazy

The outfit from my actual job interview

The outfit from the day I was almost late

The outfit that was probably “too much”

The outfit I’m wearing today

Isabelle Fang

New School '21

Isabelle is a Literary Studies major at the Eugene Lang School of Liberal Arts at The New School. Originally from Toronto, she's still working on using the imperial system and reading weather forecasts in Fahrenheit. Isabelle mostly writes about pop culture, Asian American representation, and profiles on all kinds of people.
If you're interested HCTNS, please e-mail us at hc.newschool@hercampus.com