This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Name: Dan “Sodexo Dan” Simpson

Age: 26

From: Stratford, CT

So, what is it that makes you the happiest Sodexo employee at UNH?

Simpson: I love coming to work every day, bringing enthusiasm and excitement to everything. Whether it’s meeting students, answering comment cards, Twitter-ing (is that a word? I guess it is now!)…it’s just a blast working with student life!

How long have you been working with Sodexo?

Simpson: I just started last October.

What else do you do when you’re not behind the counters of Bartels?

Simpson: I’m out and about, just checking in on each dining location as often as I can, making sure students are happy! I also spend time answering comment cards, interacting with students via social media, manning different tables…a little bit of everything!

What would you say are your biggest goals in life?

Simpson: Hmm…my biggest goals…my short term goals are to be “ingrained” in student life here at UNH, just to make sure each and every student knows that I’m easily reached, easy to work with, and follow through with each student’s feedback/comments/suggestions. Campus dining is such a big part of a student’s college experience, I want it to help make that experience as good as it can be! A more long term goal is to see the Pittsburgh Penguins win the Stanley Cup in person, but that’s a bit towards the personal side of things!

Want to keep up with Sodexo Dan on social media? Follow him on Twitter @SodexoDan!

Hi! My name is Taylor and I am a Business Management major with a double minor in Marketing and Psychology. I'm originally from Brooklyn but then moved to East Meadow, NY, on Long Island. I am the President of the American Marketing Association on campus and I was an intern and then worked my way up to retail operations for the NY Islanders Hockey Club before their big move to Brooklyn. A fun fact about me would be that I used to run track and cross country throughout all of high school and I've completed a half marathon in approximately 1 hour and 42 minutes!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!