Campus Cutie Couple: Connor and Amanda

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie Couple Connor Monroe ’16 and Amanda Sette ’17!

How did you meet? 

Amanda: Going into my freshmen year he randomly followed me on Instagram. I thought he was hot so I followed back. Mid September (2013) he liked a picture I posted and commented saying “you’re really cute(:” and ended up giving me his number. The rest is history, and is also proof a good selfie can go a long way.

Connor: I followed her on Instagram, we liked a few pictures back and forth and eventually I asked for her number.

Who initiated the first kiss? 

Connor: That was me.

How long have you been dating?

Connor: 2 years!

What has been your most memorable date?

Amanda: One of our first dates was A Day To Remember concert, that was pretty awesome.

Connor: Vacation to Outer Banks, NC

What is your favorite thing about your significant other?

Amanda: He is SO neat. Most boys are messy and disgusting, but not him.

Connor: Her determination to achieve any and all of her goals.

Who said “I love you” first?

Amanda: I almost slipped and said it before he did. I think he noticed so I let him say it first after that.

How do you resolve arguments?

Amanda: We both say what we have to say and work towards some sort of compromise.

Connor: We talk it out and find a compromise that makes us both happy.

Do you have any advice to give to new couples?

Amanda: Don’t do anything you wouldn’t be comfortable with your significant other doing.

Connor: Honesty and trust go a long way and it’s important to have that with whoever you’re with.

What celebrity couple are your “goals?”

Connor: Leslie Knope and Ben Wyatt (pictured above: Amanda and Connor dressed as Knope & Wyatt for Halloween!)

Amanda:  Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis

Bri Sirota

New Haven

I'm Bri and I'm the campus correspondent for HC New Haven! I love dunkin donuts iced coffee, the beach, and all things turquoise!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!