This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

At this point in time, TikTok is one of the most well-known platforms of our time. It is universally different from any other app because of its wide range of users. There are users of all ages using the app and the target audiences are endless. And if you are an avid TikTok user like me you have probably heard of famous TikTokers that have come up on your For You Page more than once. But what makes them so different than everyday teenagers or young adults? Absolutely nothing. They are just like you and me. The only difference is their rise to fame on a platform that has almost 500 million active users and counting. Now there are many TikTokers that are extremely talented and use this platform as a way to express themselves, but there is also those who got famous just out of pure luck. It is important to realize that your hard work in whatever situation that you are currently in will reach places even if you do not become “TikTok Famous”.

There is more to life than social media and sometimes it is difficult to leave that realm of constant social media usage, but it is achievable. Many students are in college now, striving for excellence in so many different fields and many are reaching their goals through their passions. You should be doing something that you love and for some that is TikTok; for others, it is not. I personally enjoy TikTok as a way to get my mind off of school-related items and it is fun for me to watch videos and sometimes even create them. I had a video of mine “blow up” but that does not mean I want to drop everything I have worked hard for to start focusing on social media only. It is possible to do both but for me I want to continue to use TikTok and other social media platforms as a way to entertain myself. It is solely up to you to figure out what best works for you.

My name is Rose Soltani and I am a writer of Her Campus at NC State University. I love writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas with everyone! I am a 4th year Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Marketing and I am also minoring in Middle East Studies. Upon graduation I am looking forward to attending law school due to my passion for law and legal rights issues. In the summer of 2022, I was fortunate enough to be a part of Duke University Law School's Pre-Law Fellowship. I learned so much valuable information about preparing for law school as well as the legal field. This past summer, I focused on studying for the LSAT. I was raised in Charlotte, NC and am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers so I love spending time with when I am back at home. I love baking, traveling, going for walks, and spending time with family and friends in my free time. Some of my favorite movies include How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and Father of the Bride.