This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

We all want to be more productive, right? Unfortunately, there is no one-size fits all when it comes to productivity, but there are some simple ways to make it easier to achieve it. Here are some easy things that you can do RIGHT NOW to increase your day-to-day productivity.

Set Small Goals

When most people think of goal setting, they think of big, long-term goals. This does not always have to be the case, though. By setting smaller, more attainable goals, you may find yourself more motivated to achieve them. For example, if you set a goal to “work out three days this week”, you are able to easily measure that right now. However, if you set a goal to “work out more this year”, that is a long-term goal that you have no way of measuring, and you are less likely to be actively focusing on it right away. 

Wake up earlier

I don’t think anyone truly loves waking up early. Getting out of bed can sometimes be one of the most difficult tasks, especially if it is earlier than you’d like it to be. If you do this, however, you will find that you have much more time left in your day for other activities. You may also feel a higher sense of productivity earlier in the day- I know I do. This allows me to accomplish more earlier, and slow down more toward the end of the day. 

Prioritize your sleep

This is something that I think most people struggle with- getting enough sleep. A good night’s rest is one of the most important things that you can do for yourself. It will make you feel more focused and energetic throughout the day, and you will likely be able to accomplish a lot more. Try to get at least eight hours of sleep each night and you will see your productivity skyrocket!

Turn off your phone

I know this can be a hard one, but it is so effective! Oftentimes we do not truly understand how distracting our phones can be. We see a notification, and we want to immediately pick it up and see what we are missing! Each time you pick up your phone while you are working, your brain is losing focus on the task at hand. Rather than keeping your phone near you, try shutting it off or putting it in another room when you have something that needs to be completed- you might be surprised at how much you can accomplish!

make a to-do list

Making a To-Do list is a great way to keep up with all of your tasks for the day. You can do this on your phone, computer, or the old-fashioned way on a sticky note! This is something that you can refer to throughout the day to ensure that you are on-task and being productive with your time. 

Take Breaks

Taking breaks is the best way to avoid burnout. A break can be something as simple as taking a quick walk, eating a snack, talking to a friend, or watching a TV show. This will allow you to take a mental pause and give your brain some time to relax. Once you return to the things you have to do, you will find yourself refreshed and even more productive than you were earlier!

My name is Katie Barrows and I am a writer with a passion for all things related to lifestyle, wellness, relationships, and more. My goal as a Her Campus member is to create content that inspires readers on various aspects of life, from health and well-being to personal growth, while also writing on intriguing, enjoyable topics. I especially love the aspect of community and connections that I have built through HC. Currently, I am a senior at North Carolina State University, pursuing degrees in communications/public relations and business administration. I also have a minor in social work, and actively work with many nonprofit organizations. Outside of my academic and writing pursuits, I love fitness and the outdoors, as well as beauty, makeup, and skincare. I'm also an avid fan of the TV show "Love Island." Looking ahead to life after graduation, I hope to work in the field of public relations and marketing, using my education and writing skills to help organizations effectively convey their messages, build strong brand identities, and connect with their target audiences.