This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

At this point, everyone has taken the Soldier, Poet, King quiz. The idea of the trio of personality types is not new, but this TikTok craze has really gotten people thinking about their identity. 

I’m proposing we think of a new, more exciting personality trio. Who cares about what we would be in some epic legend? Let’s consider who we would be in the Taylor Swift Cinematic Universe: The Archer, The Mirrorball, or The Antihero?

The Archer Types

“The Archer” is a song for the imposter syndrome girlies. Just take that feeling of not belonging anywhere and apply it to every aspect of your life and you got “The Archer”. This song has the dichotomy of acknowledging some of your best traits while also thinking nobody could want you. Swift sings: “Who could ever leave me, darling?/But who could stay?”. It’s her way of accepting her good character while also thinking they aren’t enough to keep someone by her side. This personality type is for the person who goes through the ebb and flow of confidence. They take the opportunities given to them, but when they get there they think they are underqualified for the role. In the song’s climax, Swift repeats “‘Cause they see right through me/I see right through me”. The Archers are the anxious people who believe that everyone sees the worthless version of themselves that they see. 

The Mirrorball Types

Mirrorball might be one of the most insightful and rawest songs Taylor Swift has ever written. The idea of the mirrorball is a person that has almost turned themselves into a disco ball because they broke themselves into a million pieces that only reflect what other people want them to be. Mirrorballs don’t know who they are outside of pleasing other people. Just like a disco ball, when people aren’t around, they are still trying to get their attention, or as Swift sings: “When no one is around my dear, you’ll find me on my tallest tiptoes…shining just for you”. As a mirrorball, you are the epitome of a people-pleaser, telling yourself no one will stay if you can’t change to be what they want. 

The Antihero

“It’s me. Hi. I’m the problem. It’s me” says it all. The antihero believes they are the problem in their life. They feel as if they don’t deserve the love they receive because they feel like a terrible person. Their anxiety keeps them up at night with the fear of people finding out how rotten they actually are. Swift sings, “Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism…” because she believes her kindness comes from the need to be perceived as generous rather than true kindness. The antihero cannot accept the good that comes into their life because they cannot believe that anyone can see them as a truly good and kind person.

Now it’s up to you to pick which one of these incredibly depressing personality types you fit into. Are you the ever-anxious Archer, the people-pleasing Mirrorball, or the insecure Anti-hero?

Sarah is a contributor to the NC State chapter of HER Campus. She has been a writer at HER Campus for three years, writing on pop culture, politics, and media. As reflected in her articles, she would consider herself knowledgeable about Taylor Swift, queer concepts, and environmental problems. She is currently a senior at NC State majoring in Chemistry. During the summer of 2022, she interned at Camden Street Community Garden where she helped to lead volunteer days at the garden in Downtown Raleigh. She now works at Logan’s Garden Center where she hopes to gain more experience and knowledge in the gardening sector. After graduating in the Spring of 2024, she would love to be involved in a field where she gets to take care of plants. Sarah was born and raised in Raleigh with her younger brother, so she did not move far for school, but she loves the completely different environment that college provides. She loves Taylor Swift, knitting, and watching TV with her roommate. This summer she saw Taylor Swift in concert during the delayed Nashville rain show. Recently, her favorite shows to watch with her roommate are Dimension 20, Ted Lasso, and Derry Girls.