5 Things to Add to Your Raleigh North Carolina Holiday Bucket List!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year, especially in North Carolina! If you are looking for a way to “spread some holiday cheer and sing loud for all to hear” here is some must dos to add to your holiday bucket list!

1. Ice skating at the red hat ampitheater

If you are looking for a perfect date night look no further! The Rink in downtown Raleigh is the hotspot of the year! With a beautifully decorated ice-skating rink, photo ops, and a snack bar The Rink is the perfect place to get the thrill of Christmas all around. On the occasion they have special themed nights including Throwback Thursday so come dressed in your favorite era. Not only this but the Holiday Market also teams up with the rink on select nights and presents small business vendors such as boutiques, food, and personalized items. This spot is the perfect place to have a night of fun on the ice and even pick up a little gift to bring home! The best part of it all is The Rink is only $15 to skate skates included. So be sure to stop by this season! Located below is a link to the famous event to buy your tickets right now!

THE RINK presented by UNC Health (redhatamphitheater.com)

2. St Nicks Holiday Pop Up Bar

A girls night out is its perfect next spot to hang out, take pictures, and try specialized holiday drinks at St Nick’s Holiday Pop Up Bar located on East Hargett St in Raleigh North Carolina! The old historic house is rented out for the months of November and December and made into a holiday dream! All ages are welcome with a variety of sweet treats to choose from along with and endless amount of photo ops such as their band-cam photobooth. There are plenty of events to attend this holiday season, however, be sure to make your reservations before arriving as they get pretty busy during this time of year. Their website is located below!

Christmas Pop-up Bar | St. Nick’s Pop-up Bar | Raleigh (stnicksnc.com)

3. The Chinese Lantern Festival

The Chinese Lantern Festival is one of the most anticipated festivals of the year with beautiful cultural lanterns scattered across Koka Booth Amphitheater. The lanterns are carefully made and set throughout a path you may walk down and take in all of its beauty. The show runs from mid-November to January 14th with tickets starting at 11 dollars. Be sure to grab your tickets while you can as tickets sell out fast! A link to their website is listed below!

The North Carolina Chinese Lantern Festival Sensory Friendly Night | Koka Booth Amphitheatre Official Site

4. Lake Myra Christmas Lights

Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year is the Lake Myra Christmas Light Show taking its name as one of the largest moving lights Christmas shows in the Carolinas. If there is any good way to get into the Christmas spirit it is by far this one filled with the magic of the North Pole. As you drive through the path you will see several coordinated lights dancing to themed Christmas music with a look at its 40-foot Christmas tree! The ride takes about 30-45 minutes to get through but is one you’d truly wish would never end! It is open from 5:30-10:00 pm every day at Wendell Park so be sure to add this to the top of your list!

Lake Myra Christmas Light Show – Park – Wendell, North Carolina – Zaubee

5. Crabtree valley mall

There is just something about visiting the mall at Christmas that makes it so much more special. The biggest mall in the Raleigh area with over 200 stores along with many fun restaurants to choose from after a long days of shopping. If you are looking for a last minute gift this is the place to find it as the mall is two stories and has very popular stores like Aerie and Belks along with some personal Knick knack stores and boutiques that are sure to catch your eye! Open from 10-9 PM weekly except Sunday closing at 7 PM come find the perfect gift for that special someone here!

Crabtree – Premier Shopping in Raleigh, NC (shopcrabtree.com)

Jordyn Jenks is a current student at NC State University taking place in her freshman year. This is her first year apart of her campus and she is more than excited to be involved with such a great community. For her, this is a year of new beginnings, new opportunities, and new friendships not only through NC State but through her campus as well. As a high school student, Jordyn was very involved in her student body and academics. Jordyn was Varsity Captain of her cheerleading squad for two consecutive years then took on the position of social media ambassador for the cheer team's social networks. Jordyn also was a social media manager for Elevation Gaston's church and ran their Instagram, later she would take an internship at Elevation Ballantyne to learn graphic design and work on the church's socials. To add Jordyn works at American Eagle and has worked with the company for two years as a cashier, associate, and most importantly media, making reels and posting new products to their Instagram. She also runs her own social media. She was given the class of 2023 artist award for her large paintings and creativity, actively participating in artistic programs. She graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA as an honors student, Varsity Cheerleader, and active Beta Club member. Jordyn was raised in Cherryville North Carolina and later in her early teenage years moved to Lincolnton North Carolina to attend a public charter college prep school. She has one sister, three brothers, and a dog who is dearly loved by her named Moose. She has a passion for fashion and enjoys spending time with friends, painting, working with social media, and traveling. Her favorite music artists consist of Taylor Swift, Drake… despite their beef, and lastly her favorite band since the fifth grade 5 Seconds of Summer. She loves concerts and attends them regularly. She is also a huge Marvel cinematic universe fan and the Twilight series.