This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

It’s a new year, Happy 2016, it’s cold outside, and Valentine’s Day is also coming up. You may ask yourself, wouldn’t this be the perfect time to move in with bae? You’ve been dating for an extensive amount of time or maybe even a short period of time but you feel like you’re ready to take that next step, but are you really ready to move in with your significant other?

Before moving in with your significant other, ask yourself these questions: Are you ready to live with someone who may live differently than you? Are you ready for someone who may not wash the dishes as often as you may like them too or who may leave their clothes lying all over the furniture? They may even leave toothpaste in the sink. Will you be content with your living situation?

These are questions no one ever asks themselves before moving in with their partner.

Will you still be as happy as you once were? Personally, I think you can still be as happy, if not twice as happy. If you truly love who you’re with, you’re going to learn to deal with their ways. If you can’t really deal with how they’re living, good couples know how to make compromises.

My advice for everyone moving in with their “bae,” learn to compromise and to not be selfish. When you are committed into a relationship, you cannot say “I” or “my” anymore, but you say “we” and “us.” When you begin to live with that special person, you are now supposed to say “our.”

It may seem new to you at first, but it can be your best experience if you let it be. With that being said, good luck to all of the couples choosing to share more than just their heart this year!

Read, write, and love!
Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.