Wellness

3 Types of Teas That Improve Your Overall Health

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCAT chapter.

Personally, I am a huge tea drinker! I drink tea about 3 times a day with added honey and organic sugar. Below are some of my personal favorite teas (besides green tea) that are available at your local Target, Walmart or any other supermarkets.

1. Dandelion Root Tea

• Improves digestion and aids weight loss.

• Eases congestion of the liver.

• Helps to purify the bladder and kidneys.

• It reduces the risk of urinary tract infections.

• It contains calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, potassium, vitamins B and C.

• It helps to purify the blood, regulate blood sugar and improves blood circulation.

• It helps to ease bloating and aching joints.

• It helps to cure skin conditions.

Source

2. Peppermint Tea

• Reduces Fever

• Improves Digestion

• Prevents Nausea & Vomiting

• Treats Respiratory Disorders

• Boosts Immunity

• Removes Bad Breath

• Reduces Stress Levels

Source

3. Lemon Ginger Tea

• Treats Nausea & Indigestion

• Improves Cognitive Function

• Skin Care

• Weight Loss

• Hair Care

• Boosts Immunity

• Controls Diabetes

• Relieves Pain

• Improves Mood

Source

Hi everyone! I am a sophomore at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University who should be majoring in Weddings, but is actually a Journalism & Mass Communications student with a concentration in Multimedia. Originally I am from Woodbridge, Virginia, which is about 30 minutes south of our nation’s capital. I have lived here all my life, but I’m not afraid to branch out and explore the world. This past summer I studied abroad in Sydney, Australia to engage and immerse myself in Australian culture. The experience was phenomenal and I’m already counting down the days until I can return that beautiful country. Check out my Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.