alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Uplifting Quotes to Improve Your Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Everyone has bad days. Sometimes everything feels like its going wrong and other times motivation can be hard to find. Here are my top seven favorite quotes to get me a through a tough week. 

1. “Living in a state of fear makes no sense. If I have X number of days to live, I am not going to live them in fear. Where’s the laughter in it? Where’s the joy?” -Shailene Woodley from Natural Health magazine

I’m a worrier. I frequently let anxiety get the best of me, and it can be paralyzing. This quote inspires me to put aside that fear. Why waste time being anxious, feeling terrible, and second guessing myself? Worrying doesn’t change anything. 

2. “Forget the risk and take the fall. If it’s what you want, then it’s worth it all.” -Unknown.

I’m always afraid of taking risks because I don’t want to make a mistake. So I seek inspiring quotes that convince me to try. Plus, this one rhymes so it’s easy to remember.

3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller

We have a limited time on earth, so we might as well experience new things and explore. To me, this doesn’t mean I have to complete every stereotypical bucket list adventure, like sky diving. It means that I will try my best to visit the countries that I want to see, try new foods, and learn what I can.   

4. “You don’t have time to be timid. You must be bold and daring.” -Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast

I spend a lot of time building up my courage instead of doing the things that I’m afraid of. Usually the first step is the hardest, so this quote reminds me to act without overthinking. 

5. “Just because my path is different doesn’t mean I’m lost.” -Gerard Abrams

This quote gets me because people used to frequently question me about my major. I’m an English/Creative Writing major, so people would assume that my major was useless for finding a job. The good thing about an English major is that it can be applicable to a lot of jobs. Communication is important in every field. This quote is a reminder that just because my path isn’t straightforward doesn’t mean it’s a bad path.    

6. “I breathe in my courage and exhale my fear.” -Jonathan Lockwood Huie

I like this quote because it ties a physical action to the inspirational mantra.    

7. “And I simply decided to be happy again.” -Zeenat Aman  

The only person who can keep you from being happy is you. Even when things get rough and there are so many reasons to be sad, I try to find joy. It can be exhausting, but I’d rather try to be happy than be upset. 

Sydney Wedbush

Murray State

Sydney Wedbush is a junior English/Creative Writing major at Murray State. When she's not reading or writing for class, she's reading and writing for fun. Want to find her in her natural habitat? Check the book store or library, and make Harry Potter references.