timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sorority Girl Christmas: Why Bid Day is the Best Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Bid day is sorority girl Christmas. After a long and exhausting week of recruiting, bid day is so sweet. Each sorority works hard all week to find the girls who share the same values as their sisterhood. Bid day is the best day ever and here is why:

1. Greek unity

Even though every sorority is getting different members, the Greek community comes together for bid day. Every sorority is so excited for the new members of their panhellenic counterparts and cheers them on just as their own. 

Photo courtesy of Shelby Wheeler

Photo courtesy of Taylor Alexis Martin

2. Super fun bid day themes

Bid day themes make bid day. Each sorority puts themselves into their theme. Ranging from Mardi Gras to “Living the Dream.” The creativity for bid day themes is out of this world. Who doesn’t love wearing tutus, face paint, and glitter; am I right?

Photo courtesy of Audry Bretschneider

Photo courtesy of Kailey Bold

Photo courtesy of Madi Moore

3. Sisterhood is at an all-time high

Bid day is so exciting in every way, but sisterhood seems to flourish on bid day. Girls show their genuine love for their organization. Bid day makes every sisterhood tighter.

Photo courtesy of Logan Colvis

Photo courtesy of MaryScott McClelland

4. New sisters

Obviously getting new sisters is what makes bid day the best day. Bringing new members into your sisterhood is exhilarating. It is so exciting to get to share the sisterhood that you love so much with new girls. Bid day is so full of hugs, sisterhood, and happy tears.

Photo courtesy of Sarah Guinn

Photo courtesy of Madeleine Norris

Photo courtesy of Madison Barletto

Sarah Burden

Murray State '20

Sarah Burden is a senior at Murray State University. She is a PR major and minoring in Journalism. She is a member of Alpha Sigma Alpha and loves her ladybugs. In her free time she enjoys experimenting with makeup, drinking coffee, posting on social media and spending time with her bird. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @sarahburden__