This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

It’s FINALLY fall, and I am so excited to dive right in! I’m not much of a cold weather person, but I also hate walking to class when it’s 90 degrees outside, so I’m welcoming the change in weather with open arms.

Surprisingly, I’ve never tried anything pumpkin spice, nor have I ever wanted to, but I recently came across this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting, and they looked so good that I had to try them.

I set aside about 3 hours to do this because the recipe didn’t say anything about prep time, just cooking time. It took me about 30 minutes to make the icing (I didn’t have a big enough bowl, so that complicated things), and about 30 minutes to make the cookie dough.

If you want to make these, here’s what you’ll need:

Pumpkin Spice Cookies:

• 1/2 Cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
  • 1 Cup Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 4 tsp. Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. Ginger
  • 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
  • Cookie Sheets

• Parchment Paper

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:

• 1/2 Cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
  • 8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
  • 3 tsp. Vanilla
  • 4 cups Powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon

I made the icing first and just set it aside while I made the cookies. Here’s how to make them:

Pumpkin Spice Cookies:

1. In a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
  3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and fold into cookie batter.
  4. Mix until well blended.
  5. Drop a spoonful of the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet.
  6. Bake in a 350-degree oven for approximately 15 minutes.
  7. Allow to cool.
  8. Frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:

1. Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixer until blended.
  2. Add powdered sugar a cup at a time and continue to mix until sugar is incorporated.
  3. Finally, add cinnamon.

Laurie of Two Sisters Crafting

After frosting them, I took a bite of one, and a bit of my soul floated into the sky. These cookies are SO good, y’all. The recipe yields 3 dozen cookies, and I wanted to eat all of them. Everyone I gave them to LOVED them. I kept these in the refrigerator for the next week until we finished them off, and I was sad when they were gone.

Overall, these were some of the best cookies I’ve ever had, and I’m planning on making them again, for sure. Also, if all pumpkin spice tastes this good, then it’s definitely worth the hype. Maybe I’ll actually try a PSL soon!

Lauren is a junior studying History and Education at Murray State. She enjoys reading, spends an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, and takes long naps as often as she can. She loves the oxford comma, going to concerts, and watching Try Guys videos to avoid doing homework. You can find her on Instagram (@laurenedminster) and Twitter (also @laurenedminster).