This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Valentine’s Day, a day of love and cheesy romance, but what if you haven’t found your special someone? Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples. It’s simply a day to celebrate love, so celebrate loving yourself! There are many things that single people can do on Valentine’s Day. Here are 10:

Make cookies

Baking is always a fun activity to do whether it’s for a special occasion or not! Bake yourself some heart-shaped cookies!

Dress up

Even if you aren’t going anywhere, it’s still fun to dress up and take some pics!

Skin Care

Doing skincare is very much considered self-care, so put on a face scrub and a pore strip and prepare to relax!

Send a heartfelt text

Let everyone around you know that you love them. Valentine’s Day is about love!

Stay off social media

Give yourself a break from social media for a day and skip out on seeing all those adorably gross couples’ pictures.

Buy yourself flowers

Buy yourself some flowers and have a little photoshoot, or just simply admire the greenery. You deserve it!

Watch cheesy rom-coms

Have a movie night and watch cheesy rom-coms like The Notebook or Valentine’s Day.

Buy yourself clothes or jewelry

Treat yourself to some clothes or jewelry. You work hard, and you deserve to splurge sometimes!

Buy yourself some chocolates

Everyone loves chocolate so buy yourself some, calories don’t count on holidays!

Love yourself

Do whatever makes you happy and remember that you are loved!

Skylar Baker

Murray State '24

Skylar Baker is a Biomedical Sciences Major at Murray State University. Her on campus activities include being a part of the Murray State Honors College, and participating in the Pre-Health Professionals Club, the Environmental Student Society, and of course Her Campus at Murray State! She is originally from Paris, TN and enjoys playing tennis and hiking when she is back home.
Gabrielle Gray

Murray State '22

Gabrielle Gray is currently a senior at Murray State University majoring in Elementary Education.Other than attending classes, you can find her drinking coffee at Shaffer Coffee Co., eating sushi from Market 22 in the Curris Center, or helping out around the university. Gabrielle is heavily involved at Murray State University by being one of the College of Education and Human Services senators for the 2020-2021 academic year for the Murray State University Student Government Association, volunteering for events being held around campus, as well as being a social butterfly. Check her out this Fall at the Springer housing desk, or when she occasionally works at her second home: Dan's Southern Prep.