This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

While many states in the United States have begun to lift restriction and people are beginning to go back to life as it was before Covid, there are still many that are stuck in this endless cycle of quarantining. It can be a difficult thing to overcome, the boredom that comes along with quarantine, but you can make the most of it during this difficult and stressful time.

Finding The Time To Exercise At Home

When you exercise, you are getting the chance to empty your mind and fill it with positivity and power. This is perfect for getting your mindset off to the right start for the day ahead. You should try to do at least one gym class everyday. You will for sure see the difference after you have started. Best of all, it is incredibly easy to do. There are instructors and health coaches from all around the world that are putting all of their efforts into creating online classes to help with your experiences during quarantine. All you have to do is check out Instagram and you can find many different fitness coaches that give out free classes everyday. Cardio, pilates, kickboxing, Zumba, yoga and even meditation classes are offered.

Learn New Recipes

Get to washing your hands, putting on some music, and start experimenting in your kitchen! Cooking is such a fulfilling activity that we can do with our families and friends because it allows everyone to spend quality time together, while you also get to cook delicious brownies, or cookies, or cakes, or pretty much anything that your stomach desires. But don’t just stay in the basics; why not try and get out of your comfort zone and try new things? Experiment with new recipes, try vegan dishes, gluten-free dishes, healthy alternatives, and lots of desserts! Cooking is such a fun activity to do at this moment, and it really does get your mind off of things.

Grab A Book And Relax With It

Find that sweet spot in your house, out back in the garden, or out and about in your local neighborhood. Grab a book and prepare to be immersed in it; you finally don’t have any time limits or schedules to adhere to! It is a fact that reading does reduce stress, and in moments like this, we may be filled with a lot of it. Reading is the perfect way to let your mind wander from reality and escape into a world of fiction.

Spend Some Quality Time With Your Loved Ones

If you are one of the lucky ducks who gets to spend time with their family during quarantine, then take that time to enjoy and appreciate them. Grab a board game and start a family game night that goes until all hours of the day. Get a glass of wine and some cookies and sit around telling stories.If it happens that you are unable to be with family, then pick up your phone and call them. It isn’t about your closeness to each other, but it is about sharing that moment that makes it all count.

Connect With Friends

Whether you use FaceTime, WhatsApp, Skype, or Zoom, take a moment everyday to connect with your friends. Remember, we are all in this together, we are all isolated in our homes, and we need human connections as much as possible at this point. Call your group of friends as often as possible and play a game altogether, have a laugh, talk about all the things that you would be doing on a random day out in the city, and don’t forget to grab a glass of wine to toast to them despite their distance from you.

Learn A New Language

Because, why not? It can be as simple as downloading an app, like Duolingo, and choosing the language that you would like to learn. You can go as fast and slow as you would like without any pressure. It is a great way to take your mind off of things and focus on a specific goal, which can help you better organize yourself and feel confident.

Watch More Shows And Series

We have all been there where we just wanted to binge watch our favorite Netflix or Hulu shows uninterrupted. Well, now we have it, and we can make it count! You can take this time to watch some of the newest TV series and movies that are provided by your favorite streaming service. I don’t know about you, but I have spent much of my time curled up on my couch watching endless amounts of Netflix.

Gabrielle Gray

Murray State '22

Gabrielle Gray is currently a senior at Murray State University. She is majoring in Elementary Education and looks forward to her future career. Besides being apart of HerCampus as the Co-Correspondent, she is also an avid participant in events around campus, as well as a senator in Murray State SGA for the College of Education and Human Services.