Your Ultimate Guide for Summer Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It’s hard to believe the 2017-2018 school year is almost over. So many new memories, friends, and milestones have been made. Although it’s sad that yet another fantastic year of college has come to an end, another exciting time is about to begin…summer! Summer is probably my favorite time of the year. I love spending time with family & friends, enjoying the beautiful weather and going on vacations. Here are some activities to make your summer fun!

1. Go swimming!  There is nothing better than a cloudless 85-degree day where the sun is so burning hot; you just jump in the pool to cool off and drink an ice-cold drink.

2. Bike rides! Whether you are riding your bike in your neighborhood, on the boardwalk or at the park, there is nothing more relaxing and fun than riding around with a gentle summer breeze blowing on your face. 

3. My personal favorite… go to the beach!  Living in Allentown, I’m lucky to be only about two hours from the Jersey Shore. My favorite thing about the beach is hearing the ocean waves crash, eating ice cream while feeling your toes in the sand, showering after a long hot day of laying in the sun, and going for walks on the seaside or in town. 

4. Wash your car! There is nothing more fun than blaring music, being in a bathing suit and cleaning your car on a hot summer day.                                                                                                                                        

5. Enjoy and take advantage of the beautiful summer weather.  Cook some hamburgers & hot dogs on the grill, make a pitcher of lemonade, grab a big bag of potato chips and eat outside!  When you go out to a restaurant for dinner, ask to eat outside. I wish I could eat my meals outside all year round!

Happy (almost) Summer!