This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

With spring coming just around the corner, it’s hard not to be tempted to break out your shorts and sundresses to enjoy the few days of awkward warm weather. For many, the arrival of spring means that that winter is gone and campus will begin to come back to life. For others, the coming of spring is about cleaning up the things that crowd our state of mind. This year, see spring cleaning as an opportunity to set new goals, get everything in your life organized, and start the new season with a fresh mindset. Begin to the embrace the things that allow you to think positively about yourself and let go of the things that hinder you from achieving your spring cleaning goals. To help get you started, here are a few ways in which you can begin incorporating spring cleaning into your life:

Organize your workspace

It is almost impossible to get any work done when your desk is dominated by stacks of random paperwork. Take a few minutes each day make sure that everything is in its place and get rid of things that you don’t need. Having an organized workspace is sure to boost your productivity and motivation to work throughout the day.    

Refine your relationships

Reevaluating your relationships is never an easy task. However, the results are worth it. Friends who insert negativity into your life are not the kind of friends you need. Life is too short to waste your time on people who make you feel badly about yourself, regardless of how long you’ve know them. Focus on spending time with people who are uplifting and supportive of your choices.   

Take time for yourself

For many students, it can be hard to remember to find time for themselves with such a busy schedule. Allowing yourself to take the time to pay a little extra attention to your own needs, can really go a long way in regards to reserving internal energy and finding a sense of peace within your work life. Even if it’s for a few minutes everyday, give yourself the opportunity to rejuvenate your body and mind preparation for tasks that may lie ahead.  

Change up your routine

After an entire season of keeping with the same routine, make some small changes to your life by finding new routines and creating a new way of doing things. Change has the ability to challenge us, as well as make us feel motivated and driven to continue incorporating new ways of accomplishing things.  

Clean out your closet

You know those clothes in your closet that your never wear but still keep anyway ‘just in case,’ well, it’s time to let those go. If those clothes aren’t something you love wearing, than don’t waste your closet space trying to keep clothes that don’t make you feel good. If you find that there are a few items in your closet that you can live without, consider donating them to a local charity or selling them to earn a little extra money.       

Caitlin Burns

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg Marketing and Publicity Director Business Marketing and Dance double major 
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.