A Day in the Life: Sydney Kozakis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

At Muhlenberg, we have such a diverse community of students. We have athletes, musicians, actors, scientists, and many many more. We do all have one thing in common, though; we are all incredibly busy. I decided that it might be interesting to explore what the typical day of a random Muhlenberg student looks like.

Meet Sydney Kozakis. She is a freshman student from Clinton, New Jersey and is a business major with a potential music minor. Sydney took me through what a day in her life looks like as a Muhlenberg student.

Let’s go!

On Monday morning…

7:00 a.m: The grind begins. Snoozers are for losers.

7:15 a.m: I get in the shower. Showering helps me refresh myself and wake up for my 8:00 a.m. class.

7:30 a.m: Once I’m out of the shower, I pick my outfit for the day. Comfort is key!

8:00 a.m: I sit down for my Calculus class and think about what I’m going to eat for breakfast. Then I think to myself, “No Syd, focus! It’s calc time.”

9:15 a.m: I happily walk myself to the dining hall to meet my beloved roommate. We eat breakfast together most days and go through our daily schedules.

9:45 a.m: Java Joes… Of course! My usual order is a medium vanilla chai tea latte with coconut milk. I highly recommend.

10:00 a.m: I come back to the room and get work done for a few hours until my next class.

12:30 p.m: Off to Ettinger for Microeconomics! One of my favorite professors teaches this class, which is something I always look forward to.

1:45 p.m: It’s a late lunch for me on Monday’s. I like to eat lunch upstairs in the dining hall and get work done. I find that I’m most productive with some background noise from others in Wood Commons.

4:00 p.m: Bonsoir! It’s French time! I’m currently in Elementary French and find it to be one of my more relaxing classes.

5:00 p.m: Time to release the stresses of the day and sing at Chamber Choir. We recently had our Fall Semester concert and it went beautifully. It’s an honor to sing with so many talented musicians here at Muhlenberg.

6:30 p.m: Dinner time!!! I meet my roommate for dinner. We hate eating at this time because every possible student at this school crams in to eat at the same time, but we persevere. #foodies

7:00 p.m: This is relaxing time for me. After a crazy busy Monday, I like to wind down and read in bed. Depending on how I’m feeling I may take a nap or listen to music.

11:00 p.m: I head to a capella for late night rehearsal. I’m in InAcchord, Muhlenberg’s only R&B soul a capella group. This is easily my favorite part of the day, as it’s my absolute favorite thing that I do here on campus. I can’t think of a better way to end by day than by doing something that I love so much.

12:45 a.m: Back to my room for bedtime. Good night!

Stay tuned for another day in the life!

Ella Bruck

Muhlenberg '21

Hi I'm Ella! I'm a sophomore at Muhlenberg College and a Media & Communications and Anthropology double major. I'm the Managing Editor and event coordinator for Her Campus at Muhlenberg. Some things about me: I love working out, travelling, and eating food (especially sushi)! 
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.