Childhood Things We All Have in Common, But Never Talk About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

There are a lot of childhood things that we all have in common, but rarely talk about. A lot of our childhoods were definitely cringeworthy, but there were certain things that made being a kid so special. Although we may not do some of these things now, there was a time in our lives when these moments were essential in our daily lives. Here are 8 things we all definitely did at some point throughout our childhood:

There was a time in our lives when we were excited about changing the color of our braces

Secretly stealing all of your mom’s makeup and purses when she wasn’t home to play dress up 

When you used to play bloody murder in the school bathroom

Pretending you and your friends were the girls from H2O in the summertime

Getting home from school and immediately head to the pantry knowing you were about to eat the entire box of goldfish

Breathing out “smoke” in the winter time, pretending you were a dragon

Having a “playdate” with your imaginary friend

Pretending you were in a Disney Channel commercial

Ella Bruck

Muhlenberg '21

Hi I'm Ella! I'm a sophomore at Muhlenberg College and a Media & Communications and Anthropology double major. I'm the Managing Editor and event coordinator for Her Campus at Muhlenberg. Some things about me: I love working out, travelling, and eating food (especially sushi)! 
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.