This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Each new year brings new music from our favorite artists. It seems hard to top 2018 because some of the most anticipated albums were released, such as J.Cole’s KOD, Travis Scott’s Astroworld, Ariana Grande’s Sweetener, and Drake’s Scorpion. Here are some of the most anticipated albums of 2019.

Rihanna

Probably the most anticipated music of 2019, Rihanna has confirmed that she will be dropping her album this year. Since her last album release in 2016 titled Anti, Rihanna has kept herself very busy, from her highly successful makeup line, Fenty Beauty, to working on a movie with Donald Glover. On her Instagram, Rihanna has been teasing fans with soundless clips from the studio. Rumors have speculated that her new album will be dancehall inspired, but only time will tell. A release date has not been announced yet.

The Weeknd

After releasing his EP, My Dear Melancholy in March of 2018, which brings The Weeknd back to his old R&B roots, The Weeknd will be releasing a new album titled Chapter VI. Not much is known about this album, except that it will most definitely be a successful hit.

Lana Del Rey

It is confirmed that Lana Del Rey’s album, Norman F***ing Rockwell, is coming. After releasing three singles, her new album will drop on March 29th. Let’s hope it’s as successful as her 2017 album Lust for Life.

Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean has made it clear that he doesn’t like to be rushed with his music. It usually takes him several years to perfect his albums. His last album, Blonde, which was released in 2016, was a huge hit. Frank Ocean doesn’t really have a social media presence, nor does he follow any time constraint and usually drops his albums out of nowhere. So, what will 2019 have in store for his music?

Chance the Rapper

After releasing several new singles, it’s no surprise that people suspect that there will be a new album very soon. Chance’s latest album, Coloring Book, dropped in 2016. His newest album was supposed to drop in July, but it has been postponed. There are no updates from Chance as to when his anticipated album will drop.

Emily Garber

Muhlenberg '21

Muhlenberg College Content Editor
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!