This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

There are a lot of great TV shows on Netflix that you might have never heard of simply because they are in Spanish, so I’m gonna list some of my favorites! I’m drawn to more dramatic shows, and the best ones I’ve found have been exclusively from Spain. Keep in mind that you don’t need to know any Spanish to enjoy these shows!

1. La Casa Del Papel (Money Heist)

This is probably the most well-known Spanish TV show and it’s definitely worth the hype. If you like mysteries, romances, and thrillers all rolled into one, then you will love this show.

2. Las Chicas De Cable (Cable Girls)

This show is not only a great historical drama, but it has LGBTQ+ representation! It’s a drama- and romance-filled show, but it also recounts a compelling story about young women working at a telephone company.

3. Elite

The easiest comparison to make is that this show is a mix of Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars, but in my opinion, it’s superior to both of those shows. Again, there’s a fantastic mystery, but also some great romance (and LGBTQ+ representation!).

4. Morocco: Love in Times of War

Just as you might expect, this is another great drama. And again, it’s also a great historical show with some beautiful costumes. Unfortunately, it was canceled after one season, but it’s still worth the watch!

5. Control Z

This is another teen drama, but another amazing one! Of course, this one is also a mystery and again, great LGBTQ+ representation! 

These are just a few of the many shows on Netflix that are in Spanish, but I recommend looking for yourself to find the perfect show for you! There are also some wonderful shows in other languages that I haven’t had the chance to explore, but you might find a hidden gem if you look hard enough.

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.

Fiona Rogers

Mt Holyoke '24

I'm a student who loves reading and writing and I'm intending to be an English major!
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.