This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

During this pandemic, have you picked up a bit of baking here and a touch of cooking there? Or have you gone into full-on baker or chef mode? Either way this is the article for you to find those recipes you know you want to try. I really got into baking and cooking because the boredom was getting to be too much. However, something I struggled with was finding easy to follow recipes. Here are some websites, videos and Instagram accounts that my friends and I follow for those simple yet delicious recipes. Read on to find your new favorite recipes.

Recipe
Photo by Jeff Sheldon on Unsplash

Tasty

This is definitely one of my favorites, as Tasty (by Buzzfeed) has some of the easiest to follow recipes. They have a YouTube channel, a website and an app! What more could you want? Do you want to see whether a thirty-ingredient mac and cheese is really better than a three-ingredient mac and cheese? Maybe you want to see someone make mini cereal donuts? Or maybe you want to see someone make Eggos fancy? In any case, Tasty has got you covered. Check them out to find recipes that you can try while at home.

I am a food blog

I only recently discovered this blog while I looked for popular TikTok recipes I could recreate. From cloud bread and pancake cereal to dalgona coffee, this blog has it all covered. Plus, there are many more amazing recipes including ones that use air fryers. If these are things that interest you, check them out. You can also find them on Instagram here

Binging with Babish 

We’ve covered where to find TikTok recipes, but what about those cool foods you see in movies and TV shows? Well, the Babish Culinary Universe has your back. Find some of the most amazing foods from your favorite movies and TV shows recreated. The range of recipes recreated includes everything from the enchiladas in Schitt’s Creek and Deadpool’s chimichangas to the nachos in the Good Place and even the marmalade sandwich in Paddington. Have you been watching a lot of TV during the pandemic but want to feel productive today? Why not make food from your new favorite show or movie? It’s a win-win situation in my eyes. 

Fresh Erica

Maybe you’re soon going back to work or are busy now and want to cook ahead for the week. Fresh Erica has meal prep ideas that will make feeding yourself (and others) fun and easy. Her Instagram is @fresh.erica. Find recipes that are gluten free, dairy free, vegan and even compatible with a paleo diet on her blog. 

Kidspot Kitchen

This website introduced me to cooking as a kid and I still enjoy going back to it often because of the extremely easy and low-cost recipes. Find recipes to pack in lunch boxes, ones that are budget-friendly and also recipes that are easy for kids to make. There are also seasonal recipes, party food ideas and healthy recipes. This is one you have to check out.

This article is not sponsored in any way. While there are many more websites and online sources to get recipes from, these are my five favorite ones right now. I hope that you also find recipes you love and enjoy making. 

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email hc.mtholyoke@hercampus.com.     

Imaane Patel

Mt Holyoke '24

Hi! I'm Imaane, a freshman at Mount Holyoke College. I enjoy photography, listening to music and binge watching tv shows amongst other things.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.