6 Quotes That Will Get You Through Midterm Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

It’s that time of year again! Your stress levels are skyrocketing, you have bags under your eyes, you practically live in the library, and you can’t remember the last time you slept. Midterm week can be stressful, but never fear Mohos, here are 10 inspirational quotes to get through the midterm period!

1. “She believed she could, so she did.”

– R.S. Grey, Scoring Wilder

This is probably one of my favorite quotes! Believe in yourself, and you can truly accomplish anything you set your mind to. It may sounds difficult to do at times, but if you truly believe it is possible, then you shall be unstoppable. Believing in yourself is so  powerful, but takes time to accomplish. Nevertheless, do not be discouraged. Use the resources you have on campus, talk to your friends and family members; find your identity!  Do not let anyone, not even your love ones, tell you you’re not good enough. If you believe, then you can do it. Remember, never fear/change.

2. “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.”

Edward O. Wilson

This quote is everything! Be your own super women! Take failure as a chance to rebuild yourself and learn from those mistakes. When you think you can not pass the exam or finish the paper before the deadline, think again! Go beyond your limits, you will discover more about yourself!

3.  “ Don’t be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try.”

―Unknown

As the saying goes, you can’t fail something unless you try! During this time, it may seem like nothing is going right. But don’t give up. Put all the effort and love into that exam, paper, or project. Try your best, and the results will be wonderful!  

4. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”

Theodore Roosevelt

This is the hardest part of getting through midterm week. The struggle may be real now, but look ahead to a time when you have no worries and you’re catching up on your favorite shows. It will be worth it; but first you must believe you can get through it! I believe in you, Mount Holyoke believes in you, and this penguin believes in you! Now go out there and thrive!

5.  Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!

Audrey Hepburn

Right now, everything may seem impossible to accomplish. But you are a Lyon, and lions do not give up! Find a study group, make a study plan, visit your professor, and get plenty of rest. Everything is possible, if you believe it is.

6. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”

Lao Tzu

Take the necessary steps to  accomplish your goals.  In order to begin accomplishing your goals, you must start somewhere.  Instead of studying huge chuck of notes in one sitting, spread them out. Don’t just sit in the library for several hours finishing a paper, but revive your mind every hour!  Take a walk, call your parents, go on YouTube and watch cat videos! Not only will you finish your goals, but you will feel accomplished at the end of the day. Don’t stress out too much and take small steps to improve your midterm week and eventually you’ll make it to your destination! You can do it!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.