This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mt Holyoke chapter.

The internet is often a strange and mysterious place. It is also a place where one can find all sorts of valuable information, or you can look for some weird facts which is what I did. Some of the facts you can find on the internet may leave you amused, confused, and maybe even amazed! Without further ado, as a continuation of my previous article, enjoy 15 more weird facts that I found online!

1. A group of kittens is called a “kindle.”

2. Koalas have unique fingerprints.

3. Cats usually sleep about 18 hours a day! (I wish I could be a cat.)

4. 250 billion emails are sent every day.

5. The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.

6. Pregnant people often dream about frogs during the first trimester of their pregnancy.

7. If you sleep in a cold room, it’s more likely that you’ll have a nightmare.

8. Most cats are lactose intolerant.

9. Elephants can’t jump.

10. A shrimp’s heart is in its head.

11. There are 500,000 new Facebook users everyday.

12. 95 million pictures are uploaded to Instagram everyday.

13. 75 McDonald’s hamburgers are sold every second.

14. Cucumbers are 96% water.

15. Ketchup used to be used as medicine.

Want to learn more weird facts? Then check out my first article about 15 of the Weirdest Facts I Could Find on the Internet!

Sources: X X X X X X

Images: 1, 2, 3

If you would like to write for Her Campus Mount Holyoke, or if you have any questions or comments for us, please email mt-holyoke@hercampus.com.

Sarah Washington is a sophomore at Mount Holyoke College. She is from Wilbraham, Massachusetts. She is a prospective Sociology Major. Sarah's passions include social justice, increased visibility for multiracial individuals, feminism, and LGBT rights. Her other loves include makeup, writing, reading, and music.
Mount Holyoke College is a gender-inclusive, historically women's college in South Hadley, MA.