Why Tiger King is the Best Show to Watch on Netflix Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

By now I’m sure if you own a Netflix account you’ve either heard of or seen the show that everyone has been hyping up. “Tiger King” is one of Netflix’s most popular shows at the moment and I’m going to talk about why that is. Directed by both Eric Goode and Rebecca Chaiklin, “Tiger King” stars the yee yee, gun loving, zookeeper, “Tiger King” himself named Joe Exotic and follows the crazy storyline of his life. The show addresses topics such as how Joe grew up and how he actually started out his zoo in the first place. As the show progresses, more characters who were affluently involved in Joe’s life appear, such as some of his workers, other zoo keepers like Bhagavan Antle, and of course, some of the people who he dramatically despises such as Jeff Lowe, a man who Joe claims stole his zoo, and the infamous Carole Baskin, who Joe claims killed her husband and was also out to steal his zoo as well. Each episode tells a new and unique tale given from Joe and the people who were constantly involved in his wild life. 

So how do I feel about the show? In my opinion, I think this is the exact kind of show that people want to see while we are all stuck, bored, at home in quarantine. When I sat down and watched the first episode, I first thought, “Wowl, why is this show even popular right now? It’s so weird and quirky,” but trust me, it gets better as each episode progresses. I eventually got addicted to it and finished the whole season in two days, but it was so worth it. I feel like Netflix has never really had this kind of a show on their platform before, which is also why I feel the show is worth the hype and is so different and unique. I hope they come out with a second season eventually because it was honestly just that good. “Tiger King” is entertaining, wacky, and unexplainably intriguing as well. To myself, the show just shows that sometimes, you really don’t need a made up storyline and fake characters to entertain people, because true stories about real and raw people are really what audiences want to see and hear. Overall, I would rate “Tiger King” 10 out of 10 stars and I would definitely recommend watching this show on Netflix when you get the chance.

Hey everyone! I'm Gabby! I am a junior currently majoring in Advertising Management and minoring in Public Relations/Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Some things I love to do are write in my spare time, hangout with my friends, and play tennis. I am so excited to write for Her Campus MSU, so please be on the look out for my articles! Go Green!
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.