Why College Students Should Appreciate Rainy Days On Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Rainy days on campus may seem all “doom and gloom” but college students should really be appreciating all of the secret advantages of gloomy days.

1.  It’s a free shower

Missed your morning shower? No problem, just skip the umbrella, hat and hood! The rain will cleanse your locks for free and wash away yesterday’s makeup. The natural component from the earth is like a free facial and guaranteed to clear up those pesky zits.

2. Who doesn’t love to nap during this weather?

Naps. That’s it. A rainy day is the perfect excuse to just take a nap, all day long. Just go take a nap. (Also applicable to any day in any weather.)

3. It’s a free carwash

No need to $7.50 for all the glitz and glam of an automatic car wash! Just drive real fast though a bunch of puddles and you got yourself a speedy clean. This also doubles as a two in one, you get to clean your car and provide speedy rain washes for students walking to class!

4. Haven’t shined your shoes in a while?

No time to clean your grimy shoes? No problem. Just go for a nice stroll, play in the puddles and BAM — clean shoes!

5. Rainy days = depressing weather

When it’s raining on campus everyone looks like sad wet dogs. It’s a perfect disguise to show your sadness in public! No need to hide and cry in the privacy of the shower, you can cry freely in public! Your peers will never notice the difference.

Content creator. Editor. Pop culture enthusiast.