This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Whether you’re battling the post-spring-break slump or are just in need of something fun to do with your free time, streaming services have plenty of new shows coming out to keep you occupied. If you’re looking for a weekend binge or something to look forward to each week, here are some show suggestions to consider adding to your list. 

Daisy Jones and The Six: Amazon Prime Video

This nine episode miniseries on Prime Video follows the rise and fall of a fictional rock and roll band in the 1970s. Originally a book by Taylor Jenkins Reid, Daisy Jones and The Six has an incredible cast, a soundtrack that could stand on its own, and just the right amount of rock and roll glamor. This show is perfect for fans of the band Fleetwood Mac and the movie Almost Famous as well as anyone interested in rock and roll culture. 

Shadow and Bone Season 2: Netflix

For people in the mood for a binge-worthy fantasy show, I would definitely recommend the Shadow and Bone series on Netflix. Based on the books by Leigh Bardugo, Shadow and Bone has heists, magical powers, morally gray characters, and compelling romantic subplots. The second season was just released on Netflix and is a perfect continuation of an excellent first season. 

The Last of Us: HBO Max

This popular adaptation of the video game by Neil Druckmann is now completely out on HBO Max. If you are a fan of character development, compelling relationships, and absolutely gorgeous shots, this show is perfect for you. I will recommend watching with a box of tissues on hand because this show knows exactly how to pull at the heartstrings, but it is definitely worth a first, second, and third watch.

The Mandalorian Season 3: Disney+

If you’re feeling a Pedro Pascal shaped hole in your heart after finishing The Last Of Us, new The Mandalorian episodes are being released on Wednesdays on Disney+. After two incredible seasons and a cameo on The Book of Boba Fett, get ready for more of this tough shelled Mandalorian and his little green son. 

Ted Lasso Season 3: Apple TV+

Also released on Wednesdays are new episodes of Ted Lasso. Taking on its third and final season, Ted Lasso is a perfect, lighthearted show to look forward to each week. With an incredible cast and a delicate yet real way of dealing with life’s problems, this is just the show to get you through the gray days before spring. 

Next time you sit down to watch something new, consider giving these shows a try, and maybe you’ll find a new favorite. Happy Streaming!

Abbie is a Michigan State University senior studying digital storytelling with a concentration in audio storytelling and minors in media photography and graphic design. They are the HCMSU chapter photographer and a member of the design team. When they're not taking photos or working on sound design, Abbie loves to crochet, watch movies, read, and listen to music.