This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so I thought I would share some fun date ideas to do with your significant other while also staying safe. While it may seem impossible to do anything fun this year for Valentines Day, I’ve gathered up some ideas to get you in the Valentines Day spirit. 

Hike + Picnic

Hiking is one of my favorite things to do because I love exploring nature. Pack a basket full of goodies and snacks to enjoy after a day of hiking with your significant other. 

Movie Night 

If the weather is not great, staying in and watching movies is also a fun date idea to do with your significant other. Some cheesy romantic movies you could watch with your significant other are, The Notebook, What Men Want, The Kissing Booth, Crazy Rich Asians, The Lovebirds, Sex & the City, Love Simon, The Do-Over and Crazy, Stupid,
Love.
And of course, no movie night is complete without food! Order in some delicious food, cozy up next to your significant other, and enjoy a movie marathon together. 

Exploring the City

Since traveling is limited, you could walk around your city with your significant other and take in the sights. Look at some famous landmarks, walk around the park and/or shop downtown all while taking cute pictures of yourselves to commemorate your date. 

Wine Tasting

If you are of age, another fun Valentine activity to do would be wine tasting. Whether it be through a vineyard or just buying different bottles of wine from the store, wine tasting can be a fun and activity for you and your significant other. Along with wine, try tasting different kinds of cheeses and chocolates and figuring out which combination is the best! 

Cooking/Baking

Making food with your significant other is another activity to do. Look up your favorite foods and baked goods and try recreating a recipe together. You know what they say, “Food is the way to a person’s heart.”

Arts & Crafts 

Get creative and whip out some masterpieces with your significant other. Whether it be painting, drawing, or making cards. Show your significant other how much they mean to you with some handmade and thoughtful Valentines Day artwork.

I hope my suggestions helped spark some ideas on what to do with your significant other on Valentines Day. These activities are safe, fun, and budget-friendly so that everyone can have an enjoyable Valentines Day this year.  

Hi! I am a junior at MSU majoring in psychology. I am from Kalamazoo and my hobbies include doing makeup, listening to music, and writing. My Instagram is @ayushiiiiiiiiiii