This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s almost Halloween! While every college student loves costumes and parties, we all know that Halloween candy isn’t just for kids! Here are some of my favorites that seem to get overshadowed by classics like Snickers and Reese’s.

1. Starburst

Fruit candy doesn’t seem to get a lot of love in general, but these chewy treats are something to be enjoyed. Whether you like classic red or yellow, or prefer some more tropical flavors, you can never eat just one of these tasty little squares!

2. Nestle Crunch

This delicious chocolate bar with crunchy rice seems to get overlooked in favor of more traditional candy bars. Who doesn’t love a sweet snack with just a little bit of pop and crunch to make Halloween extra exciting?

3. Hershey’s Cookies and Cream

Everyone loves classic Hershey bars. There’s just something about breaking off the squares and enjoying that unique Hershey’s flavor. But don’t miss out on their crunchy white chocolate cousin. These irresistible candies will leave you grabbing for another.

4. Whoppers

While the unique malt flavor isn’t for everyone, I can’t resist them! The melt-in-your-mouth texture and chocolatey coating are just too delicious. Plus, they are great to put in hot chocolate after a long night walking around in the cold.

5. Swedish Fish

Do they taste like fake fruit? Yes. Are they delicious? Also yes. Just make sure to eat these little guys before too long, or else they turn into hard candy!

Keep an eye out for these next time you are looking through your trick-or-treat bag! Have a happy, safe Halloween!

Rachel is the Social Media Director at Her Campus MSU. She is a Senior at MSU's James Madison College studying Political Theory and Constitutional Democracy with a double minor in Business, and Science, Technology, Environment, and Public Policy. After graduation, she hopes to become a public interest lawyer or work in the government sector. She is an avid camper and enjoys spending her time in the great outdoors hiking and biking. She loves ice skating and has recently been trying to learn some new moves! Rachel also enjoys reading, cooking, crocheting, and trying as many bubble tea places as she can find.