nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Have you ever woken up, ready for a beautiful sunny day to go out to the park or maybe even to the beach, but then take a look out your window and see the heavy downpour of rain? With that, you realize that your outdoor activities have to be postponed or canceled, and now you have no idea on what to do during your boring day at home. Here are a couple of ideas to spice up your day!

Watch a movie 

Grab a warm fuzzy blanket and snuggle up on your couch with a warm cup of hot chocolate or coffee and a bowl of freshly popped buttery popcorn and turn on the TV. Watch that movie you have been wanting to watch but never had the time to, or binge your favorite TV series. There is never a bad time to watch a good movie or show.

Bake/cook

I know it might sound like a lot of work, but trust me when I say that baking and cooking are nothing but fun edible chemistry experiments. Try making your favorite dessert or dish. If you mess up, it’s okay! You have all day to remake it and perfect your culinary skills! And who knows? Maybe you can even impress your family or friends next time they come over and visit!

Read A Book 

Pull out your favorite novel or that book you have been wanting to read and sit down on your couch with a hot cup of coffee and dive into your book. As the story gets more and more interesting, you will see the time fly away. And if it gets boring, then you will enjoy a well-deserved nap.

Play A Game

From bringing out the old board games to building a fort, there are innumerable different games that you can play just at home. To list a few, you can play board games, pull out a deck of cards, play video games on a  Wii or Xbox, build a fort or a tent, play hide-and-seek, etc. It’s nice to take a day off from everything and enjoy a day at home by bringing out your inner child.

Exercise

Exercise is a great way to stay active and simultaneously not have to go outside. Just roll out a yoga mat and play a home workout video on youtube. If you have the equipment, then go on and grind it out for a day. And after that nice long workout, take a long hot shower and maybe even treat yourself to a face mask and a nice spa day!

Hopefully, these ideas make your rainy day a bit better. 

Student at Michigan State University pursuing a major in Human Biology and a double minor in Entrepreneurship and Bioethics.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!