This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up and not everyone has someone special to remind them how much they’re loved and blah blah blah. So, this Sunday, it’s important to remind yourself how much you deserved to be loved and how bad of a b*tch you are. These 5 songs are key to never letting yourself forget that you are that b*tch.  

“WAP” by Cardi B (ft. Megan Thee Stallion)

For my sex-positive b*tches that think the bedroom isn’t just a “man’s place”; you run that. Cardi B raps about flaunting it and getting exactly what you want you just because you want it, no explanation necessary. Love your body for what it is and love what it can do for you. Your body is a weapon, looking like that- use it. 

“I want you to park that big Mack Truck right in this little garage”

“No Lover” by Jetty Bones

For my indie-alt, soft vibe b*tches, you don’t need anyone but yourself. Jetty Bones sings about coming to terms with the fact that being in love is pressed on you constantly, and you don’t need to be in love to have exactly what you need. Focus on yourself. Love yourself and love the people you have around you, because lovers will come and go, but you’ll always have yourself.

“I don’t need a lover ‘cause I don’t need anyone”

“Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett

For my punk rock, idgaf b*tches, you are 100% unapologetically yourself all the time. Joan Jett sings an anthem about not caring what anyone thinks of you, and not being afraid to be yourself and not fit in. Jump on your bed. Stomp on a can. Shotgun a Redbull. Then look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what a badass you are, just the way you are. What other people think about you doesn’t mean a single thing; only your opinion about yourself counts. 

“A girl can do what she wants to and that’s what I’m gonna do and I don’t give a damn ‘bout my bad reputation”

“Truth Hurts” by Lizzo

For my 100% that b*tch b*tches, you know your worth and it’s more than any man’s that could ever hurt you. Lizzo sings about being the baddest in the room and moving on from anyone who doesn’t see your worth: priceless. Don’t be with anyone who wouldn’t treat you like you would treat yourself, and always treat yourself like a first priority; you are your own first priority. Never settle for someone who doesn’t love you the way you deserve to be loved. 

“I don’t play tag, b*tch I been it”

“Girls In The Hood” by Megan Thee Stallion

For my too busy being hot to text back b*tches, you know exactly what you want exactly when you want it and will say exactly what it is without hesitation. Megan Thee Stallion raps about knowing that you are hands down the hottest person in any room, and everyone either wants you or wants to be you. It’s your turn to choke him. Spit in his mouth. Make his pockets hurt. Truthfully, this entire album, Good News by Megan Thee Stallion, will give you all the top energy feels. Good News is thee bad b*tch album, if there ever was one. 

“I’m a hot girl, I do hot sh*t, spend his income on my outfit, I don’t text quick ‘cause I ain’t thirsty”

You will always be that b*tch. You will break necks when you step into any room. You deserve to be loved exactly the way you want to be. Get what you want and never settle for less. You should be unapologetically 100% yourself all the time. You don’t need anyone but yourself to be happy. You are the baddest b*tch. Don’t forget it.   

Marlana DeClaire is a senior at Michigan State University. She is studying Genomics and Molecular Genetics as well as Health Promotion. She is a plant and soil science laboratory technician at Michigan State. In her free time she writes poetry, reads, and enjoys attending concerts.
Ananya is the President of Her Campus at Michigan State. She is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Health Promotion, and post-graduation, she will be attending medical school! If she's not studying, you can find her watching TikToks or Grey's Anatomy!