Three Inspiring Quotes to Kick Off Your Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

As we begin yet another semester of online classes, motivation can be hard to come by. We all need a little pick-me-up every once in a while, so here are three inspiring quotes to start off your semester on the right foot.

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills

…including becoming a college graduate! School can be difficult and draining sometimes, but that only means that the pay-off will be that much more meaningful in the end.

“Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford

We will all encounter failure in college (definitely more than once), but that is all the more opportunity to grow. You can’t know what you’re doing wrong until you fail from it, so when you do, take the opportunity to try something new and learn from your past.

“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell

Attitude is everything, especially in school when you face challenges every single day. The drive to achieve their goals separates successful people from unsuccessful people. Rather than cracking under the pressure, successful people stand strong and use their desires to motivate them, so in the end, they come out on top.

For some of us, it’s the last semester of college, and for others of us, it’s the first. Regardless of where you are at in school, take this semester head-on and be the best you can be. I believe in you!

Lauren is a second-year student at Michigan State and is excited to join the Her Campus staff this year! She from Holt, MI and was in journalism in high school, which is where she found a passion for it that she hopes to pursue through HCMSU. She enjoys exercising, spending time with friends and family, attending concerts, sushi, and fostering animals!
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.