Things Girls Love About Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

1. ) Pumpkin Spice Lattes

“You know it’s fall when they have pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks”, is a phrase girls say all too often. But hey, we can’t help but be caught with the letters “PSL” on our cups too. An explosion of pumpkin in our mouths is just too irresistible.

2.) Fall-scented candles

Cinnamon donut, autumn day and pumpkin pecan waffles—the list of fall-scented candles is endless. Us girls can’t help but shamelessly drop $30 on wax and wallflowers just so we can douse ourselves in the smell of leaves. 

3.) Football Season

What a lot of girls mean to say is they love dressing up for football games in face stickers and spirit bows. Who doesn’t like taking cute tailgating pictures with roomies and sorority sisters? We’re making memories. 

4.) Fall-flavored candy

Some might even argue that the fall candies are better than the winter flavors. Nothing says fall like walking to class sucking on a Caramel Apple Pop or closet-eating a whole bag of White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M’s after you just failed your math exam. 

5.) The Cider Mill/Apple Orchard

Whether it’s a picture with the BFF or an artsy photo of cider and donuts, it’s the time of year when Instagram is flooded with cider mill posts containing captions of leaf emojis and hearts. #cidermillseason

6.) Yoga Leggings and Boots

Ah, the perfect outfit of the day (#ootd) for fall. There’s something about leggings and boots that makes girls feel so stylish for class, yet still comfortable.  With combat, riding or ankle booties, you can’t go wrong in this classic look.   

7.) Caramel Apples

Girls love to indulge in this seasonal treat. With a gooey caramel shell lathered in peanuts or rainbow sprinkles (depending on your preference), you can’t help but be weak to the temptation. Homemade, store bought or from the cider mill, it’s not fall until you’ve had a caramel apple. 

Alena Davis is a senior journalism major at MSU and co-campus correspondent for HCMSU. She hopes to pursue a career in magazines based in New York or Chicago. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, Instagramming and excursioning with friends. Follow her on Twitter: @alenaadavis & Instagram: @alenadavis