Style > Beauty

These Beauty Products Will Change Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

You walk into Sephora and don’t know where to start. There’s aisles upon aisles of skincare, haircare, and everything in between. Doing your usual walking in circles and spending ridiculous amounts of money on new (and old) beauty products is never the ideal way to find the best of the best. Don’t place that Sephora order just yet, because this list of the best beauty products on the market (right now!) will change your life.

6. Glossier Lidstar

7/10 

If you are anything like myself and have never been the best at doing eyeshadow, the Glossier Lidstar is the eyeshadow for you. Similar to a lip gloss, this eyeshadow is easy to apply. My favorite shade is moon. My sister was the first to test this Glossier product out and she now recommends it to all of her friends. This eyeshadow is a must have!

5. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patches

8/10 

Taking off your makeup before you go to bed is always a good feeling until you find a new blemish or pimple that has formed throughout the day. No need to worry with the Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patches. After you do your nightly skincare routine, apply one patch over the blemish and in the morning it will be gone! I have tried multiple different blemish patches over the years, but I have found the mighty patches to be the best of the best.

4. Amika: un.done volume and matte texture spray

9/10

Throughout the years, I have always been unsure as to what to do after blow drying my hair. I’ve never been a big fan of hair spray and have never found it to do anything for my hair except make it crusty. This volume and matte texture spray from Amika will replace those crusty hair sprays and transform your freshly blow dried hair. This spray was recommended to me by my local hair stylist and I’m never going back to another product. I was able to find this spray at my local Sephora, but you can also order it directly from their website.

3. Rare Beauty Liquid Blush

7.5/10 

Selena Gomez’s makeup line, Rare Beauty, has been on the market for a little over two years and seems to get better with time. This TikTok liquid blush is worth the hype. I had been stuck with my typical pink powder blush for way too long, so recently I decided to give the Rare Beauty liquid blush a shot and have never been so in love with a blush before. My personal fav is in the shade bliss. If you typically have drier skin (like me), then this blush is for you.

2. Amika: the wizard detangling primer 

9/10 

Ever since I started getting highlights, my hair gets tangled more than usual. So, I needed a detangler asap. When I went to my local hair stylist over Christmas break, she used this detangler and I fell in love instantly. She described to me how you only need one or two sprits in your hair to do the job an magic, your hair isn’t tangled anymore (it actually smells good too!).

1.Tarte Maracuja Glossy Lip Oil

10/10 

One day in December, I was doing the typical walking in circles at Sephora when I came across this product. What even is a lip oil? It was brought to my attention that this Tarte product not only gives the glossy lip gloss look, but it also soothes and hydrates your lips at the same time. What a perfect combination! Upon opening it, it gave off a not too intense aroma of bubblegum. Ever since I purchased this product in December, I haven’t stopped wearing it and it’s almost time for me to buy a new one. You will also repurchase this lip oil, that’s how good it is!

Olivia is a freshman at MSU studying public relations. She enjoys writing about all things fashion, beauty and skincare. In her free time, she enjoys shopping, cooking, traveling and spending time with her friends and family.